Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100: Removing Cyanogen? What is flash?

1. HamsupFish

HamsupFish New Member

Hey all,

So I recently seemed to purchase an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S2 that is unlocked. (Rooted to be unlocked over any network-- I live in Canada, by the way.) The unlocked phone seems to have the Cyanogenmod root on it.

Is there a way to remove Cyanogen and have it to the normal Android Ice Cream Sandwich operating system (still keeping in mind that the unlock is still in effect in the phone even if Cyanogen is removed.) I've heard to use a program called ODIN and to "flash" back to the original state however, what does flash even mean and how do you flash? Where do I download Odin and can anyone specifically outline the procedures I must take in order to have Ice Cream sandwich again?

I am very confused, any help is appreciated.

SIDE NOTE: Does anybody know when Jellybean is coming out for S2?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

Flash is just a computer term which means to install.

You can download the latest unbranded firmware from here
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1544487

The link also contains a download for Odin and flashing instructions. The flashing instructions are a little brief though so if you need further instructions feel free to ask and I'll be happy to help.

There's no definitive time for when jellybean is due to be released, all anyone really knows is that it's soon.