Support Samsung Galaxy S2 - ICS Restarting Problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sumi_yoko, Oct 11, 2012.

1. sumi_yoko

sumi_yoko New Member

Oct 11, 2012
    Hi everyone,

I don't know if anyone can help me but I updated my SG2 (GT-I9100M) to ICS via Kires (via cable). This was about September this year. After the update the phone kept restarting every 1-2 min. Called support but they told me to do a factory reset. Did that 4 times. It got better for a couple of days but every other day now it does that until the battery drains.

I don't have any apps installed other than the ones per-installed, thinking some app may be causing it.

It's not rooted. My carrier is Bell Canada.

Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. ironass

ironass VIP Member
    VIP Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Male
    Keeping one step ahead of the Tax man
    Cotswolds, England
    Hello and welcome to Android Forums sumi_yoko! :)

Lets see if I can help you.

Firstly, you have done the right thing by doing a Factory Reset. If you still got FC's, (Forced Closures), and battery drain after doing a Factory Reset and prior to re-loading your app's and settings, we can rule out those.

That leaves a corrupt Firmware update download. This is typically found in OTA, (Over The Air), updates but can also occur using Kies.

You have 2 choices...

1. Take your handset to the nearest Samsung Service Point and explain your problem and request, politely, that they re-flash it.

2. You can re-flash the firmware update yourself using Odin and the method described in post #1, here, under the heading, "My firmware is not eligible for ICS yet but I want it now!".

Hope this helps! :D

3. omersajjad

omersajjad New Member

Feb 23, 2013
    Hello,

I update my phone to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 via Odin. It worked fine for more that 36 hours but this evening some shit happened and the phone restarted for 6-7 times in an hour.

I'm much worried please help :(

4. SCPadgeebar

SCPadgeebar Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Male
    Did you do a factory reset after upgrading?

5. omersajjad

omersajjad New Member

Feb 23, 2013
    I did factory reset many times, I even changed the firmware aswell but its still restarting :'(