• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy S2 - ICS Restarting Problem

sumi_yoko

Lurker
Oct 11, 2012
Hi everyone,

I don't know if anyone can help me but I updated my SG2 (GT-I9100M) to ICS via Kires (via cable). This was about September this year. After the update the phone kept restarting every 1-2 min. Called support but they told me to do a factory reset. Did that 4 times. It got better for a couple of days but every other day now it does that until the battery drains.

I don't have any apps installed other than the ones per-installed, thinking some app may be causing it.

It's not rooted. My carrier is Bell Canada.

Any ideas?

Hi everyone,

I don't know if anyone can help me but I updated my SG2 (GT-I9100M) to ICS via Kires (via cable). This was about September this year. After the update the phone kept restarting every 1-2 min. Called support but they told me to do a factory reset. Did that 4 times. It got better for a couple of days but every other day now it does that until the battery drains.

I don't have any apps installed other than the ones per-installed, thinking some app may be causing it.

It's not rooted. My carrier is Bell Canada.

Any ideas?

Hello and welcome to Android Forums sumi_yoko! :)

Lets see if I can help you.

Firstly, you have done the right thing by doing a Factory Reset. If you still got FC's, (Forced Closures), and battery drain after doing a Factory Reset and prior to re-loading your app's and settings, we can rule out those.

That leaves a corrupt Firmware update download. This is typically found in OTA, (Over The Air), updates but can also occur using Kies.

You have 2 choices...

1. Take your handset to the nearest Samsung Service Point and explain your problem and request, politely, that they re-flash it.

2. You can re-flash the firmware update yourself using Odin and the method described in post #1, here, under the heading, "My firmware is not eligible for ICS yet but I want it now!".

Hope this helps! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones