Samsung Galaxy s2 launching in MarchGeneral

1. Maxsmart87

Maxsmart87 New Member

Advertisement
  2. Edbanger

Edbanger Well-Known Member

Cant wait. My upgrade is march.just hope orange uk sell it straight away, and not delay like they have with past phones. Bring it on !!!!!
  3. MagicMarker

MagicMarker Well-Known Member

I don't think it will be March. That article is only basing it's assumptions on what the Clove website was stating, it now says Q2. Also, Expansys now has pushed it back to late June.
  4. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

The Clove website may say Q2, but they are expecting it late in March (similar timeframe to what Play has). I know this because they emailed me about my pre-order to say its been brought forward (and costs more). I presume this is on the basis of some communication from Samsung/the distributor, since my dealings with Clove before have always been on the up and up. I'm sure it will be delayed, they always are, but that seems to be the current projection.
  5. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

Agreed.... They have a good direct communication with Samsung UK and attend briefings including shows.
  6. I'm pissed it has the 850 MHz 3G/4G band, but not 1700 MHz. There's no way I'm going to sign-up with AT&T.
  7. gillybean

gillybean Member

Carphonwarehouse told me today that they will have the phone at the end of March!!! YES!
  8. NZtechfreak

Encouraging to hear more sellers expecting stock end of March, hopefully its not delayed too much (the wait is already killing me!).
  9. zafonic

zafonic Well-Known Member

This doesn't make it anymore easier for me...its between the S2 and the Sony Ericsson Arc for me.
  10. NZtechfreak

Why would you even go near the Arc if the SGSII is in your budget?
  11. I'm on T-mobile too, but you have to face the facts. The smallest major carrier with its own 1700mhz AWS band all to itself. T-mobile has the biggest blame here.

@NZTechFreak. The Arc is sexy looking, and sex sells. Especially in a crowded black slab me-too environ.
  12. NZtechfreak

I realise the Arc is sexy as hell, but given the vast gulf in their specs I wouldn't have thought many here would go for it over the SGSII...
  13. Just that one guy. And that rehash known as the Inspire has a pretty boisterous forum. Mmmm I like when the mods get mean.
  14. zafonic

Because I like both handsets for different reasons.
  15. NZtechfreak

Just curious is all...
  16. zafonic

A lot will depend on the price of the Galaxy S2 as price has not been confirmed as far as I know. If it ends up being over the
  17. DrDeath

DrDeath Member

Both Clove and Play.com claim now that it will only be released in May. :-(
  18. NZtechfreak

Disappointing, but expected (I initially estimated a May release, so its in line with that). The wait goes on.
  19. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Well-Known Member

yep, i was actually thinking June so May is okay with me!
  20. NZtechfreak

That would fit with what happened last year with the SGS1, being released in its home market about a month before it appeared elsewhere. I expected that.
  21. Tennis

Tennis Well-Known Member

How far after the non USA phone is released will we get it in the states? Like a month after?
  22. Tennis

Tennis Well-Known Member

Hope this phone works as advertised.
  23. I remember the Wave coming out in April, the GS coming out in May, and then the Vibrant coming out in June. But I can't wait til June!