Samsung galaxy s2 lte frequent crashes forcing reboot or battery removalSupport

Last Updated:

1. kenthiessen

kenthiessen New Member

Every so often throughout the day my galaxy s2 lte (skyrocket) will randomly crash. Sometimes the power button seems to not respond either so I have to take the battery out. Sometimes it freezes first, then shuts off after a couple seconds. It doesn't seem to be related to a certain app either, neither is it time wise. Sometimes itll crash five times a day, sometimes zero. I dont think I can still return my phone to rogers, but will an update fix it?

2. buffaloparty

buffaloparty Active Member

I would definitely take the phone back. These are not normal issues with this phone.
  3. kz121

kz121 New Member

Curious, my skyrocket does the same thing... constantly crashing/locking up... I updated it to the latest ics release and have kept all the 3rd party launched off the phone or UNinstalled them shortly after install when I realized it wasn't going matter any... is there a way to write it and start over without rooting it? I mean like the way I used to have to do every 6 moo with Windows before I switched to Mac? Sure would be nice... I got mine used and not sure how Att will support me on this issue... between the crashes and the ridiculous lack of battery life I'm almost missing my iPhone - almost... still better then drinking that can cool aid... just wish it was as flawless as my Sony s tablet which is what convinced me to move my phone to the droid platform...
  4. Fulcrum29

Fulcrum29 Member

Mine does the exact same thing. Also from Rogers. I have been selectively removing apps one at a time to see if I can get to the bottom of the issue but to no avail yet. I'm worried the cause could be one of the stupid Rogers apps that I can't remove without Rooting the phone.
    Will keep you posted