Samsung galaxy s2 mms?problems help please

1. markostarlet

markostarlet Member

Hi as title my Samsung galaxy s2 won't download the mms messages I receive any one no a way to sort it?

Cheers Mark

Advertisement
    :
  2. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

What carrier do you have with the Galaxy, so I can move you to the proper Galaxy S2 section so you can get some answers to your specific problem
  3. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

One first MMS you have sent then you are able to get MMS's. Did you send one?

Harry
  4. markostarlet

markostarlet Member

Hi thanks for the replys I'm on the 3 network in the UK no I've not sent a mms yet I have to send 1 before I can download 1?when I try to download a mms it just says failed?

Cheers Mark
  5. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

I meant for the start the MMS feature on your phone you have to send one in the first place :)

EDIT: Did you get the message text but not the picture?
    Then you could try the free app 'Save MMS'

Harry
  6. markostarlet

markostarlet Member

Sent a mms still won't download the mms I've received from a iPhone?
  7. markostarlet

markostarlet Member

Bump still wont download them ? Nobody else had this prob?

Cheers mark
  8. markostarlet

markostarlet Member

Yes I have this problem too so I phones 3 and they said you can't download mms over 500 Kb
  9. Check your VPN settings. I had the same problem and i rung my phone company and just ask them for the vpn settings and then bam! should be good to go :)
  10. RCS1966

RCS1966 New Member

I've been having this problem too and found that enabling Packet Data (via Settings->Wireless&Network->Mobile Networks) did the trick. I've no idea why this should have been more effective than simply enabling Data Network Mode (via a long press on the power button) but it was.

Of course this may just be a case of me jabbing at so many random buttons that I've associated the removal of the symptoms with the wrong cure, but you may wish to give it a go.
  11. RCS1966

RCS1966 New Member

I've played around with this a bit more (having 2 phones comes in handy sometimes), and I now realise that what really did the trick was the sequence of events I followed.

Like many people, I only switch data network on when I need it. If you do the same, you may find that you need to make sure your phone doesn't try to "auto-retrieve" MMS's because this seems to confuse the phone horribly.

i.e.

1. Someone sends me an MMS and it says it's downloading (for ages, no matter what I try). At the moment of receipt data was switched OFF and auto-retrieve was set to ON.
    2. I switch data ON and it makes no difference
    3. I changed my settiings so that auto-retrieve is OFF (Messaging->Settings).
    4. Going back to the message I'm trying to view, it no longer says 'downloading' - now it gives me an option to download manually.
    5. Now I switch data on, click to download the message and it works.

So in short, set auto-retrieve to OFF, and when someone sends you an MMS, switch data ON, then manually download. Auto-retrieve only seems to work if data is switched on at the moment you receive the message.

Similarly for sending: switch data ON before hitting send; if you do it afterwards the message just hangs, and you'll need to delete it and try again.
    Miztre and rel55 like this.
  12. Miztre

Miztre New Member

Thank you, I had the exact same problem and turning auto-retrieve off solved it!