Samsung Galaxy S2 MMS questionSupport

Last Updated:

1. littlleezza

littlleezza New Member

Sorry if this has been asked but I couldn't find the answer. Hope I'm in the right section too.

I just got a Samsung galaxy s2. I can send and receive mms fine. I just want to know if there is a way I can get my mms without having to download manually? All my other phones when I go into messages the picture is already ther whereas with this one I have to download it for it to show up. My packet data is on.

2. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to Android Forums littlleezza! :)

MMS should download automatically. Your first port of call would be to check that you have the correct APN settings for your carrier to enable this. Some carriers have a separate MMS APN setting. Contact your carrier or do a search on-line.

APN settings can be found...

Settings > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names (roughly the same pathway for Gingerbread and ICS )
    littlleezza likes this.
  3. littlleezza

littlleezza New Member

Thanks for your info. I have used the only configuration settings and also changed them to other settings I found online. Still no luck. Its probably just one setting too
  4. littlleezza

littlleezza New Member

Ok its working now...kind of. It first comes through with the download option and then after about 10 seconds it downloads the picture automatically