1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Samsung Galaxy S2 On Boost Mobile Unable To Drag and Drop Apps On Top Of Each Other To Make FolderGeneral

1. lkrause

lkrause Well-Known Member

I received this phone yesterday. Upon activation, I immediately was upgraded to 4.04. I notice that I am unable to drag and drop the app icons to create a folder specific to the apps as I was on my last phone that had ICS which was the HTC EVO Design. Is it the Samsung phones that don't give you this ability with ICS? If so, then how do you all create folders to clean up your desktop? I like to have all of my news apps, productivity apps, etc. in one folder.

Advertisement
    :
  2. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Well-Known Member

Right now you are using the touchwiz version of ICS. If you want to have the stock version, you need to go menu>setting>applications>all>twlauncher>clear defaults. Then the next time you press the home button, check the box that says set as default and choose Launcher, not TWLauncher. Some folks will tell you to use Sprint Id, but I find this way better if you don't plan on switching back to touchwiz.
  3. lkrause

Thanks for the info. I have one question though. With touchwiz when you long press on the home screen, you have the ability to add widgits. With the stock ICS launcher, all you get is wallpaper. I forget how to add a widget. Also, do you recommend the Boost ID's?
  4. KitsapAndroid

I will assume that Boost Id is the same as Sprint Id, in which case, no, I do not recommend it. But it is kind of a personal preference thing. In the stock ICS, the widgets are in the app drawer, and you just select the widget you want, long press on it, and then drop it on the home screen you want it on.
  5. lkrause

Thanks for all the great info. One more question...now that I switched to stock ICS, I can't get rid of the Google search widget at the top of my home screen. Any thoughts?
  6. badman242

badman242 Member

is there any way i can get the software from your phone to flash my Galaxy Epic 4g touch?
  7. KitsapAndroid

It's part of the OS. You cannot get rid of it. I'm not a fan of it either, but it isn't going anywhere without using root and a ROM.
  8. ctislva

ctislva Well-Known Member

9. SelfElevated2

SelfElevated2 Well-Known Member

Just wanted to inform everyone we now have a forum dedicated for Samsung galaxy s2 (boost mobile). Let's get it populated and anyone with information on root or working roms plz populate the atr thread and get our dev community into motion