• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy S2 text/call problems?

JamesEG

Lurker
Nov 1, 2012
Hi, yesterday I noticed a problem on my GS2 which is seriously annoying...my phone won't receive any texts and if it does they are normally hours late, or I don't receive them at all. I also don't receive calls because they just go onto voicemail. Does anyone know what I can do? The phone is almost a year old and I use Vodafone, I know there is no problem with that as my sister has a GS2 on vodafone with no problems. I can send texts fine and also call people, so I have no idea what is wrong with it...

Thanks, James

First off welcome to the forums James :)

Have you tried calling Vodaphone to see if it's an issue on their end?

Otherwise try performing a hard battery reboot by removing the battery reinserting and restarting the device.

I would also try resetting the APN settings, here are the settings for Vodaphone.

Mobile Phones

Name: VF WEB
APN: live.vodafone.com
MMSC: http://pxt.vodafone.net.au/pxtsend
MMS Proxy: 10.202.2.60
MMS Port: 8080
MCC: 505
MNC: 03
APN Type: default

Mobile broadband devices (this includes Pocket WiFi, USB and Tablets)

Postpaid
APN: vfinternet.au
Prepaid
APN: vfprepaymbb

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones