1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Samsung Galaxy S2 will not work with ADBSupport

1. MikePhoenix

MikePhoenix Member

I have tried everything suggested in the tutorial in this forum. I followed all the instructions and ADB simply will not recognize this device that I purchased through T-Mobile. I have attempted it on 3 different systems. PDANet doesn't recognize the device when I try to install it. Samsung technical support was absolutely useless.

If you want a device for development, I would suggest staying away from Samsung.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Hi Mike. Have you tried installing Samsung Kies? Do you have USB Debugging checked in settings developer options? Does your computer recognize your phone when you plug it in?
  3. MikePhoenix

MikePhoenix Member

Yes, I have tried Kies, I have USB debugging turned on, and my computer recognizes the phone. I can transfer files between the device and computer with no problem.
  4. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Ok, are you using Win 7? If so, try going to the adb platform tools folder. Hold down shift and click right mouse button, choose open command window here. Type in adb devices. Anything?
  5. MikePhoenix

MikePhoenix Member

That is EXACTLY what I did. It didn't work.
  6. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what to suggest next. Do you have another device you can try it with? Do you have another computer you could try it on?
  7. MikePhoenix

MikePhoenix Member

I have tried it on three different computers. I'm about to try a different device.
  8. MikePhoenix

MikePhoenix Member

Just tried it with my old Nexus One and it worked without a hitch. So it is not a problem with the way I have the SDK setup, it is a problem with the Samsung device.
  9. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Well that's strange. Did you use the same cable with both phones? Are you using the usb cable that came with the GS2?

Try these drivers and see if it makes any difference. They are older drivers and I'm not sure it would help.
  10. MikePhoenix

MikePhoenix Member

Those drivers took forever to install and still didn't work. I have used the same cable that came with the Samsung and the cable that came with the Nexus to attempt to connect the Samsung.

Like I said, I would think twice about buying a Samsung as a development phone.
  11. MikePhoenix

MikePhoenix Member

This problem was corrected when my phone was upgraded to Android version 4.0.4. Was running version 2.3.3 when I reported this last month.
    Atma likes this.
  12. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Glad you got it working Mike and thanks for letting everyone know how you did it.
  13. MikePhoenix

MikePhoenix Member

Sure thing, but I can't take any credit. It was the automatic update that had the added benefit of updating to Android 4.0.4. Not sure if there was a problem with the 2.3.3 version that was originally installed on the T-Mobile release of the Galaxy SII or if Samsung and/or T-Mobile put in a fix with the update. I find it hard to believe that I'm the only one who ever had this problem.