Samsung Galaxy S2x - Telus

1. creesh

creesh Member

Hi
    I searched through the forum and could not find a thread that explains the rooting process of the Samsung s2x step by step. I found one just for the Bell carrier but not for the sgs2x. I have no idea how to root my device ( but i would love to have some ) and do not know what a kernel is or a rom or whatever.
    I have been a iPhone user before and once Samsung launched the s2x = i got attracted and i got it.
    So please if anyone can help me and i believe a lot other users too
    that would be great
    Thanks

Just some extra information of my phone--->

Samsung galaxy s2x
    Model: SGH-T989D
    Android Version: 2.3.5
    Baseband version: T989DTLKJ3
    Kernel Version: 2.6.35.11
    Build Number: Gingerbread.tlkj3

Advertisement
  2. skimminstones

skimminstones Well-Known Member

creesh likes this.
  3. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Yup, the T-Mobile variant (SGH-T989) is identical to the Telus offering (SGH-T989D) apart from minor differences with included software afaik. Certainly the rooting process is the same.
    creesh likes this.
  4. creesh

creesh Member

thnx guys will try the rooting process later and i will see what will happen :)
  5. Blue1k

Blue1k Well-Known Member

I'll be making a user friendly guide tomorrow for you like my other one.
    creesh and Slug like this.
  6. creesh

creesh Member

That would be great blue1k because it's really confusing with all the different versions of SGS2 around here
  7. Blue1k

Blue1k Well-Known Member

Building it right now. Also to include rom, and kernel and battery saving tips. Will be up in an hour :)
  8. creesh

creesh Member

please also the back-up when we have to do it after or before the root ( as u can see i am really dump when it comes to android..but i am starting to learn :) )
    Thanks blue1k
  9. Blue1k

Blue1k Well-Known Member

Done. I went a bit crazy ass on the guide :D

Link
    creesh likes this.
  10. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Great job! I've added a link to it in this forum's Rooting Guide (clearly identifying it as for the SGH-i989D), as the differences between the various variants is horribly confusing.

Thanks for your hard work, Blue1k.