• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy S3 does not appear on Windows computer or Mac?

PavSIdhu

Lurker
Mar 23, 2015
I'm trying to unlock a Samsung Galaxy S3 Gt-i9305 on EE running Android 4.3. I know how to unlock the phone however, when I connect the phone to my computer it does not appear at all. Usually, Android phones have a notification saying the phone is connected as a media device or something but it doesn't appear.

I've tried this on Windows 10 technical preview and Mac Yosemite. I've tried the following:

• Installing new drivers (however I don't know if they were the correct drivers I tried several though)
  • Installing Kies and updating to the latest version on both Mac and Windows
  • Putting my phone in download mode to download drivers (no drivers downloaded)
  • Restarting the phone and taking out the sim
Is there anything else I can possibly do? Is it a hardware problem? I don't have USB debugging on either. Thank you for your help.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones