Samsung Galaxy S3 Google Play not workingSupport

1. myjc07

myjc07 New Member

Hello. I just got my first Android and I am so lost..... I have the Galaxy S3 with Sprint. I have somehow deleted the Google Search bar from my home screen. But also, when I go to the Google Play app to download things it acts like it is going to open but then goes back to the home screen and I have no clue what to do but can't get in to access apps. Please help.

Advertisement
  2. davidmanvell

davidmanvell Well-Known Member

Will need a few more details on the Google play thing. Not quite following.

On the first thing, find the location where you want to place the Google Search bar and press and hold that location. Select add to home screen. Select Apps. At the top is two tabs, select widgets. Scroll through till you find it. When you find it press and hold the icon with your finger. When you do the screen will change and you can drag the widget to the location you want and drop it.
  3. myjc07

myjc07 New Member

Thanks. Got the Google search bar back now. The issue with the Google Play is that when I click on the icon to open it the screen goes black like it is going to open but then it goes right back to the home screen. I have taken the battery out, rebooted and done everything I can think of to get it to work but it just goes back to the home screen.
  4. davidmanvell

davidmanvell Well-Known Member

I think it sounds like the Google play store is corrupted or something. That's what it sounds like.

Try Menu button/settings/application manager/

Select ALL at the top.

Scroll down to Google play Store

Clear data and clear cache

Reboot the phone and see if that helps.
  5. hbryder

hbryder Well-Known Member

May seem relay strange but I had it happen on a tablet and this fixed it. My date time were wrong as soon as I fixed them it started working again