Samsung Galaxy S3, moving appsSupport

1. sammigirl

sammigirl New Member

Hi,

I've been moving my apps around on my app pages, but I want to move them to different pages.
    I have three pages, and want to organise them into folders, but they're spread out over the pages.
    Is it possible to move apps to different pages?

Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. valorian

valorian Well-Known Member

Touch and hold an icon. Drag the icon to the left edge or right edge of the screen. It should switch to the next screen then release the icon.
  3. Ches111

Ches111 Well-Known Member

Not exactly sure what you are asking but I think the answer is:

long press/hold an app on your homescreen -> move the app all the way to the left or right of the screen and wait on the side (the homescreen will change to the one on the left or right) -> find new location on new homescreen and let up your finger.

Hope this helps!
  4. AndroidNewb58

AndroidNewb58 Member

I am (still) new to this, but I want to have all of my apps on the main screen so I don't have to click on apps to get to them. I hope I have explained this properly, and thanks in advance for any help!
  5. tandek

tandek New Member

Hi

I'm new to Galaxy s3. I'm trying to move my apps from one screen to another. When I hold the icon down, it copies and lands on my home page. I don't want it there, I want it in the apps but a different page.
  6. tandek

tandek New Member

I read your instructions for moving an app icon to a different page in the apps. When I hold the icon for a few moments, it duplicates itself and moves to my home pages. I don't want it there, I want it on the apps pages.
  7. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

You're following the directions for organizing apps on your home screens. With the stock Samsung UI, you can also organize your app drawer (that houses all of your installed apps) by opening the app drawer, hitting the menu button, and I think choosing Custom. That should allow you to organize them in the app drawer how you wish.
  8. Dieselbud

Dieselbud Well-Known Member

Before opening your apps drawer, make sure you are on the screen you want to add the app to before opening the app drawer.

It sounds like you are on the home screen when you open your app drawer, then any apps you add will go there.

try that and see if it works!!
  9. Dieselbud

As long as I understand you are wanting one of your screens to contain the apps that you move from your app drawer.

We call the main screen the home screen (the one that your phone defaults to), then the other screens are like pages (you can have up to 7) and then the app drawer is where you go to access every app on your phone.

I think this will help you, and I understand it is a steep learning curve but we are all here to help!!

PS: depending on your screen layout, you will never be able to fit all your apps on even 7 screens. I just add the apps I use often and then use the app drawer to access the lesser used apps.
  10. Dieselbud

Oh sorry there is another way! Go to the screen you want to add your app to (there has to be room and you will get a popup if there is not...)

long press on the screen (empty space) / add to screen : shortcuts / applications and then choose the app you want to add from there.
  11. tandek

tandek New Member

Thanks, quickaudi

That worked. But there is no 'custom' on the menu, but 'edit' worked. Thanks alot.
  12. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

no problem