Samsung Galaxy S3 stock ICS featurGeneral

1. Asdrual

Asdrual Active Member

With all many rumours coming out about the Samsung galaxy S3. *Ian just a bit curious to see how believable the rumour is that the new phone phone will have the Ability to change between the touch wiz ui and the stock ICS ui. How likely is this to happen.*

Thanks*

Advertisement
  2. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

Not likely at all. I would LOVE it if you could though and would gladly pay the $600 (or whatever it sells for) on release day!
  3. Mada

Mada Well-Known Member

It is most likely going to have TouchWiz as it's predecessors did, otherwise it shouldn't be named Galaxy S III imo.
  4. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member Contributor

Absolutely, positively not a chance.
  5. ab30494

ab30494 Well-Known Member

either way, im sure you will be able to download a ICs style launcher from the market.
  6. chrlswltrs

Launchers aren't everything!!! There is so much more to a stock ROM vs a skinned one. I always use a different launcher even when I'm on a stock android ROM.

I really don't know why people think that a different launcher will remove all of the extra crap that comes along with a skin
    Crashdamage likes this.
  7. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Google have previously announced that manufacturer's overlays will be required to be optional in future, but no timescale was stated iirc. I'd be surprised (very pleasantly!) if this was introduced so soon though.
    jerofld likes this.
  8. huy_lonewolf

huy_lonewolf Well-Known Member

Whoever spreads that rumour must be completely clueless about Android and Samsung. It is technically impossible to switch between Touchwiz and stock ICS, even with custom ROMs. There is no ROM out there that can give you both Touchwiz and stock UI.
  9. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

JunBringer and jerofld like this.
  10. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

I would assume the S3 ICS interface to look a bit like the SGS2 on ICS.
  11. chrlswltrs

12. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

13. chrlswltrs

Sorry, I have only been following the E4GT updates closely, not all GSII variants.

So like I said, that also looks like garbage, nothing like the ICS look and theme. I can barely tell the difference between GB touchwiz and ICS touchwiz by looking at them.
  14. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

Thread moved to correct section.

TS
  15. Wontfinishlast

Wontfinishlast Well-Known Member

Touchwiz is supposed to get a whole lot nicer this time around. Samsung hired Steve Kondik from Cyanogenmod 7 to overhaul the UI.

You'll have to google it, I cant post links yet :p
    Sandroidfan likes this.
  16. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Well-Known Member

Right, I heard last year that Samsung is going to completely revamp Touchwiz 5 for ICS. Not holding much breath on it, but hopefully it's decent one like Sense 4.