1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Samsung Galaxy S3 (T-Mobile)Support

1. davidred7697

davidred7697 New Member

Hi guys, I'm new to forums and I decided to join this community to fix an issue that I'm currently having with my phone and also I'd like to contribute to the community in the future, so bear with me.

Ok, onto the problem, I got my sg3 during a sale that T-Mobile had a few weeks ago (mid November). I was really excited to finally get my hands on one of the newest peices of technology available, but that excitement died out quickly when I noticed a few aspects of the phone that I disliked:

The first aspect I noticed was the battery life. I had previously read articles on how great the gs3 battery is (I've seen results of up to 23 hours), and was one of the major reasons why I chose this phone. As soon as the first few hours of use, I noticed the battery percentage dropping relatively quickly, about a full battery charge in around 5 hours. Now, I am a heavy user, but am not used to multi-tasking, I mostly watch videos on Youtube, play games and listen to music, but I'd think that one full charge should last at least upwards of 10 hour with heavy use (i have auto-brightness on and I close, not minimize, every app as soon as I'm done using it).

Second, and a mostly minor issue, was that I couldn't watch videos or other media that required flash on my browser. But I understand that Google decided not to include flash support from Adobe on Ice Cream Sandwich/Jelly Bean devices.

Third and most important is a hardware issue, more specifically, my screen. I've noticed recently that my screen "flickers" wben scrolling through web pages and my status/notification bar. I say "flickers" because I'm not if the screen flickers or if I see black squares appearing while scrolling, this mostly happens when scrolling downwards and is very noticeable.

I've had other minor issues (e.g. camera fails to startup, sometimes motion gestures stop functioning correctly or don't function at all etc) but they usually get fixed with a reboot.

If anyone has had these issues and has solved them, please let me know how to do it. Also if you have solutions please post them, and please let me know if you think I received a faulty device. Thank you all in advance for any help.

I believe that is it, but if other things come up I'll update the post.

Advertisement
    :
  2. ronbien

ronbien Well-Known Member

There are many posts on apps to disable, if you are not using them, to help with battery life. The bunch the really made a difference to me were the Samsung ones I think.

You can get flash and side load it. Sorry I don't have a link for either of my solutions, but a search on these forums should provide it for you.
    Good luck on the rest of your issues.
  3. GTWalling

GTWalling Well-Known Member

OK, battery life, heavy user on youtube web videos and movies using screen on most of the time will get you maybe 4 to 5 hours, just the nature of the Beast. Good information at the following.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=871051

Adobe is trying to kill flash not Samsung, you can still get it from Adobe.
    Archived Flash Player versions
    Scroll down to lash Player for Android 2.x and 3.x archives.

Not much I can say about Motion for the Camera as I don't use it.