1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Samsung galaxy s4 dlna streamingGeneral

1. Rypated1987

Rypated1987 New Member

is anyone aware of an app that lets me stream movies from my p.c to my galaxy s4?

Advertisement
  2. rbheromax

rbheromax Well-Known Member

The best option I can think of is Plex Media Server
    It'll connect to your phone, tv, ps3,xbox, bluray player, and android/iPhone outside of your house and in. I have it set up streaming my movies/music/pictures
    It's free to dl server app to pc/mac/Linux but a small fee to have android and iPhone app. You also get forums like this one to help you with just about any problem you have. It's an investment you won't regret.
    But someone who isn't me went to somewhere that isn't the internet and downloaded what wasn't the plex app to what wasn't both their android and ios devices :D
  3. Rypated1987

Rypated1987 New Member

I am looking for a free app preferably. it is to my knowledge that their is a way to stream direct to the galaxy s4, without an app.
  4. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Moved to S4 forum. :)
  5. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Esexplorer has the function. I also use it with my portable Seagate 1tb wifi drive.
  6. RhysLlewellyn

RhysLlewellyn Well-Known Member

Yes as someone else mentioned, you can use Es File explorer. It's totally free and in itself a very useful app.

Basically you need to ensure the files and folders on the pc that you want to stream from are set to public.

Then open up es explorer on your phone, press LAN and you can then look through all the shared files on the PC.

Simply click on the video or music icon you want and it'll stream.

Obviously two things to remember here... The phone and PC has to be on the same wifi network.

Also, your phone has to be able to play compatible formats so it won't work trying to watch .vobs or .iso files. Mpeg works great though.

Lastly, depending on quality of the video and speed of your router it might get laggy but generally for me it works almost flawlessly most of the time :)
  7. pollock83

pollock83 Member

Hi,
    To stream things from your pc to your s4 you can use splashtop personal which is free