• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy S4 Help

Shock

Lurker
Aug 20, 2013
Hey, I just bought a new phone (Samsung Galaxy S4) and I have no idea if there is something wrong with it or if it is normal... After I shut down my phone, I try to turn it back on with a click of a button on the power button, and it doesn't do anything.. I tried holding it down.. sometimes it works.. sometimes it doesn't. The only way I could turn it on is by pressing the power button around 5-6 times, I was wondering if that is an issue with my phone or is that normal?
Can someone tell me the proper way to turn it on?

Also another problem is, whenever I text my battery goes down pretty quickly and the back of my phone gets hot and I only get around 11 hours of life after charging it fully.

Thank you in advance

Shock,

I believe there is some confusion about your question. When you said "shut down," are you referring to actually powering the unit off or just putting it to sleep (or stand-by?)

If you are talking about starting the phone from a "power off" state (no power, no service, etc...,) then you would have to press and hold the power button until you get a vibration and then it takes a minute (or so) for the phone to get up and running.

If you are talking about "waking" the phone from its stand-by state, a single click of the power button or the home button will wake the phone up.

As for heating up, I use my phone somewhere between heavy and medium and my phone never gets hot. If yours does under just texting use, I would suggest returning it to the carrier and getting it replaced. Before doing so, you may want to do a Factory Data Reset from the recovery menu to see if that helps. When I first got my phone, I was very unimpressed (to the point of returning it for something else.) I decided to do a FDR before taking it back and it made all the difference in the world. After the FDR, everything worked properly, my batter life was much better and the issues I was experiencing all went away.

FWIW,
BigRedGonzo

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones