• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy S4 Specs

RootJunky

Feb 19, 2013
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe some of the specs of the S4 on this website are inaccurate. I'm almost sure the processor is wrong, ESPECIALLY how it's worded... Also, I think the frequencies are a little off. And since this is a complex case, the processor spec needs a better format to show that there are two sets of cores used at different times, and work at different frequencies. Please explain to me if I'm wrong or try to fix this. Thanks!

Yes, I've heard of it. However, from your first post it sounds like you are saying there are inaccuracies on this website. I'm confused as to where the inaccuracy lies.

Can you expand on where you think there an error? ?

If on this site, do you have a link to a specific post or article?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Ok - if Phandroid's spec listings are wrong, please let them know at press@phandroid.com

If we have a spec listing as one of our official threads, and it's wrong, then we want to know so we can fix that - that's what Rx was saying, the "this" he was asking for was a link here so he could fix it.

Phandroid is the news arm, Android Forums is the (wait for it...) forum arm, and have separate staff responsible for updating things.

If the issue is the ad appearing here on our page - that's just a copy-over from Phandroid, we can't fix that - but I can get word to Phases to on that, he may be able to help.

And fwiw, I personally won't fully trust specs until we get a little more smoke settling - Samsung didn't go into processors in detail last night, so I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see some refinements to the printed specs coming in the next few days or week or so.

Upvote 0
I've added a link to the comparison sheet, as reproduced by Phandroid, to the relevant posts. Otherwise I've left posts intact so as not to add to any confusion.

My understanding is that the Exynos is a 1.6GHz/1.2GHz dual-quadcore SOC, and the Qualcomm is a 1.9GHz traditional quad-core. That ties in with the Phandroid article, whereas GSMA appear to only reference the Exynos part.

Upvote 0
Phandroid is the news arm, Android Forums is the (wait for it...) forum arm, and have separate staff responsible for updating things.

No need for sarcasm. It was an honest mistake. Phandroid, and AndroidForums are so alike that I thought it was the same website. It's shameful that a Mod would try to help a user by indirectly insulting them...

Still though, your help is appreciated. :)

Upvote 0
Oh, not that again.

On behalf of the site - my apologies. :(

Sometimes they switch this or that out of order doing some sort of software updates and our formatting goes all wonky.

Silly squirrels. :)

funny-pictures-angry-squirrel-leaves-screaming.jpg

I just did - now leave the site alone!!

Reactions: treb1797
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones