Samsung Galaxy S4 SpecsSupport

1. RootJunky

RootJunky Active Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe some of the specs of the S4 on this website are inaccurate. I'm almost sure the processor is wrong, ESPECIALLY how it's worded... Also, I think the frequencies are a little off. And since this is a complex case, the processor spec needs a better format to show that there are two sets of cores used at different times, and work at different frequencies. Please explain to me if I'm wrong or try to fix this. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

What specs are you referring to?

Do you have a source for reference?
    treb1797 likes this.
  3. RootJunky

RootJunky Active Member

Rxpert83 likes this.
  4. Rxpert83

Yes, I've heard of it. However, from your first post it sounds like you are saying there are inaccuracies on this website. I'm confused as to where the inaccuracy lies.

Can you expand on where you think there an error? ?

If on this site, do you have a link to a specific post or article?
  5. RootJunky

RootJunky Active Member

Look at the processor. GSM and this both have different info. So far, that's the only problem I've found.
  6. Rxpert83

From all the reports I've seen, there are two different processors setups involved depending on the market.

I still am not sure what you are referring to when you say "this".
  7. treb1797

treb1797 Well-Known Member

Samsung I9500 Galaxy S 4 - Full phone specifications

^^^^^^^ "This" link

Not sure if you can see it b/c your using Tapatalk maybe ?
  8. XplosiV

XplosiV Master X is Watching You VIP Member

That's the international spec for the international i9500 and is correct. It has 2 CPU's one main one to do the main work (quad core) and a slave CPU to do menial work (also quad core)

The US spec for the Ewhatever the hell model code its getting, spec is a snapdragon 600 or 800 1.9ghz CPU.
  9. Shocky

Shocky Well-Known Member

A little disappointed in the 1.6GHz clockspeed but being Cortex A15 it's probably enough.

The race will be on to overclock it past 2GHz, probably won't take long once users get there hand on it. :D
  10. RootJunky

RootJunky Active Member

"this" refers to androidforums/phandroid
  11. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Ok - if Phandroid's spec listings are wrong, please let them know at press@phandroid.com

If we have a spec listing as one of our official threads, and it's wrong, then we want to know so we can fix that - that's what Rx was saying, the "this" he was asking for was a link here so he could fix it.

Phandroid is the news arm, Android Forums is the (wait for it...) forum arm, and have separate staff responsible for updating things.

If the issue is the ad appearing here on our page - that's just a copy-over from Phandroid, we can't fix that - but I can get word to Phases to on that, he may be able to help.

And fwiw, I personally won't fully trust specs until we get a little more smoke settling - Samsung didn't go into processors in detail last night, so I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see some refinements to the printed specs coming in the next few days or week or so.
    Wolfedude88, treb1797 and Rxpert83 like this.
  12. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

I've added a link to the comparison sheet, as reproduced by Phandroid, to the relevant posts. Otherwise I've left posts intact so as not to add to any confusion.

My understanding is that the Exynos is a 1.6GHz/1.2GHz dual-quadcore SOC, and the Qualcomm is a 1.9GHz traditional quad-core. That ties in with the Phandroid article, whereas GSMA appear to only reference the Exynos part.
    Wolfedude88, Rxpert83 and EarlyMon like this.
  13. RootJunky

RootJunky Active Member

No need for sarcasm. It was an honest mistake. Phandroid, and AndroidForums are so alike that I thought it was the same website. It's shameful that a Mod would try to help a user by indirectly insulting them...

Still though, your help is appreciated. :)
  14. EarlyMon

I promise no sarcasm was intended, I just couldn't figure out how to word that without the redundancy sounding totally goofy. :p :)

We're definitely related as sister sites, same owner.
  15. Ryan Benson

Ryan Benson New Member

Such a amazing specification in this phone. I think its big challenge for iphone
  16. RootJunky

RootJunky Active Member

Have the forums become naked? Or is my computer going completely dumb on me?
  17. EarlyMon

What's wrong??
  18. RootJunky

RootJunky Active Member

I thought the web design changed, but nvm. My computer just had a problem with loading the page.
  19. treb1797

treb1797 Well-Known Member

According to some other members in The Lounge the site was acting / looking weird around the time you are speaking of.

E Mon : I think our AF squirrels are out of nuts :p Better get on it boss. :)
  20. EarlyMon

Oh, not that again.

On behalf of the site - my apologies. :(

Sometimes they switch this or that out of order doing some sort of software updates and our formatting goes all wonky.

Silly squirrels. :)

[​IMG]

I just did - now leave the site alone!!
    treb1797 likes this.