Samsung Galaxy S4 unlocked phone's motherboard is deadGeneral

Last Updated:

1. hellovivz

hellovivz New Member

My samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 (unlocked) is not coming up. The phone seems to be dead. I tried different batteries,still not working. The phone's battery is working in a different phone. I have taken this to a technician and he told that the issue is with motherboard. The phone had over heating issues when it was charging after I updated it to android kit kat 4.4.2. There was a water damage about 3 months ago, but the phone worked fine after it was repaired. I bought this phone from ebay, I have already contacted Samsung US customer service and they have asked me to contact Samsung Brazil since the phone came from Samsung Brazil. I contacted them they told it has to be taken to a local samsung customer service center in brazil. Any suggestions about how to fix this issue? If I have to replace the motherboard where should I go ?

Advertisement
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

You can either buy a motherboard on eBay and replace it yourself (VERY bad idea), go to Best Buy, to the Samsung kiosk, and ask them (best idea) or find an independent dealer who's able to replace the motherboard.

And once that's done (however you do it), since you have a different IMEI, you'll have to get a new unlock code.