Samsung Galaxy S4 Won't Install UpdatesSupport

1. AshleyRae92

AshleyRae92 New Member

My Samsung Galaxy S4 hasn't been wanting to install updates for various apps such as Instagram, Vine, or Facebook Messenger. I tried to uninstall Instagram hoping that would work but it did not and now it is not letting me even install Instagram. I don't know how to fix this so any suggestions would be great! Especially since I use Instagram everyday! :)

Advertisement
  2. AshleyRae92

AshleyRae92 New Member

The apps download, but once downloaded, it gives me an error message that says:
    Package is invalid
  3. couch257

couch257 Active Member

4. ThatOneRearEnd

ThatOneRearEnd Well-Known Member

Had some of this issues before, but trying to upgrade it again mostly took care of that.
  5. SebaKL

SebaKL Well-Known Member

It's only temporary error. Give it few hours, and it will go away.
  6. Veritas4420

Veritas4420 Well-Known Member

I started having that issue yesterday. I turned my Wi-fi off and back on and everything started to work again.
  7. pbf98

pbf98 Well-Known Member

We found the root of the problem to be something to do with Wifi, but we don't know what exactly caused it. Turned wifi off and it downloaded everything just fine. Later when Wifi was on, it still worked without problems.

But the problem did not fix itself, she was having this problem the night before as well.

So if you run into this problem, try turning wifi off and then turn it back on, that worked for us :)
  8. SebaKL

SebaKL Well-Known Member

The Wifi was just a coincident. This is a wide spread error, related to recent changes in google play (currently rolling out) and changes in some of their online services, effecting users worldwide, for the past few days.