1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

General SamSung Galaxy S4

1. Evo 5oh

Evo 5oh Well-Known Member

What are the features you think the Samsung Galaxy S4 would have

and the features you would like to see and or have...

Like I said I really hope they do it waterproof keeping it real thin and nice...
    Gorilla Glass 3 were my girlfriend can throw the phone at me and it wont break and it hurts like the Nokia....

Advertisement
  2. liteon163

liteon163 Well-Known Member

1080p SAMOLED+

Eventually, though, I think the SAMOLED+ screen will be built on the inside surface of the Gorilla Glass (3?). I've heard manufacturers are getting displays closer to the surface, so how much closer can it get?

I would imagine LTE radios will continually become more efficient, so we'll see even better battery life for a given battery's capacity. And I'm not sure if Voice Over LTE is more of a carrier or manufacturer feature, but at some point VoLTE will turn voice into data.

That's about all I've got, since I'm not visionary like that.
  3. eluno

eluno Well-Known Member

Samsung Galaxy S4?
    c'mon your starting to sound like an apple fanboy who gets his new iphone on the 1st day of the release and is already talking about the next one. stop we android fans are above that. atleast wait a week or two:rolleyes:
    Android26 likes this.
  4. Evo 5oh

I got my reasons for the thread ;)
  5. eluno

eluno Well-Known Member

i see ok.
    humm now you got me thinking what will the GS10 be like hummmmm.
    Android26 and IMUcarmen like this.
  6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Well-Known Member

VoLTE is already built in the Verizon LTE network and the Sprint network is building the same HDvoice in the network and the S3 supports it.
    Also as a matter of Voice over data standard it will always run on 3G but can bump to the 4G side if signal is right
    jbdan likes this.
  7. Geordie Ahmed

Geordie Ahmed Well-Known Member

I want it to be crap cos I have a 24 month contract, don't want to spend a chunk of that looking enviously at another phone :D
  8. Skeeter125

Skeeter125 Well-Known Member

That is to far out to be thinking about it. I will enjoy my sgs3 for the next year then we can all speculate what crazy features it will have just like all the rumors about the sgs3.
  9. Taylored

Taylored Well-Known Member

We probably need to start a GS4 sub forum for this.

I need the GS4 to be no more than 5mm thick, have a quad core 1.7ghz processor with 2+ gb of RAM and it should have a 5+ inch screen with an ultra-thin bezel. The skin should be a flexible rubberized something so I have no need to use a case. And the screen should be unbreakable. This phone should also be running pure Android.

maybe this is the GS6...
  10. mak916

mak916 Well-Known Member

The GS4 will be a world phone on all carriers. Quad core with LTE. It will have a battery that will last 36 hours or longer on heavy use. That's just for starters. But I can't upgrade until the GS4 is released.
  11. stevenidol

stevenidol Member

Black color.
    GalaxyNexus likes this.
  12. Reginald VelJohnson

Reginald VelJohnson Well-Known Member

Well, I haven't even laid eyes on a real S3 yet, so this is purely speculation so here goes. Given what I've heard about the power of this unit, I can't really imagine that I'll be wanting more of that in the S4. IMO, it's about time for "the future" to finally get here. Ultra-high res screen, SUPER thin and light, week long battery life, super solid construction. For me, I don't see how much biggerbetterfastermore the devices themselves can get, I want them to fade into the background of my life so I have to pay less attention to them.
  13. Evo 5oh

im writing these down only the good ones :)
  14. Ballymoss

Ballymoss Well-Known Member

I'd like it to have a 12 megapixel camera like my Sony Ericsson Satio had (lousy phone, great camera) or better still a 12 megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss optics like my Nokia N8 had. If it had the build quality of the N8 too, that would be great.
  15. phoenix19861

phoenix19861 New Member

samsung galaxy s4

- Snapdragon S4 MSM8974 Quad Core
    - Adreno 320
    - 2GB Ram
    - 12 mp 1080p camera
    - 4.5 display
  16. BloodKil

BloodKil Member

I was right with you until you said 4.5 display....

Maybe a 5.4" display ;) (a solid 5" would be wonderful though)
  17. fezzle

fezzle Well-Known Member

Here's hoping the GS3 is truly future-proofed and we'll still be happy with the phone in 2 years when we have to "willingly" give it up for a new phone.
    5001craig likes this.
  18. Evo 5oh

Then that means the Gnote has to go bye bye unless they make it a complete tablet out of it and uses the mobile network data which then will make carriers follow and have (Sprint) make us a tablet with unlimited dataaaa xD

Im selling my GS3 on April activate my old Evo wait patiently for the GS4 if any in the future and buy it with the money i use from GS3
  19. pw8549

pw8549 Well-Known Member

How about a phone where all the features the phone has actually work, now that would be a first
  20. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

A complete tablet GNote, you say? You mean like this? Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
  21. Droid.Incredible

Droid.Incredible Well-Known Member

1. It will be bezel-less.
    2. It will be smart enough to just know what you want to do (just by you looking at the phone and thinking).
  22. I would like to see:
    A 1080p screen (not that I'll be able to notice much of a diffrence but just for the sake of it.)
    Better battery life
    A metal case (Its cheaper to glue a magnet to your car than get a carkit)
    Wireless charger (as was speculated for the s3)
    A faster CPU and GPU (I would love to be able to play classic computer games on it.)
    And that's about it.
  23. Well, what is it? Are you trying to subtly suggest that you work in the R&D department of Samsung or something?

It's cute, but I'm not buying it.
  24. matttye

matttye Well-Known Member

It'll probably have >4 cores for a start.
  25. artman540

artman540 Well-Known Member

It can be exactly the same as now as long as it has that unbreakable display. Oh and lose the home button and put the back button on the left where it belongs.