• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [AT&T] Samsung Galaxy s4

Here's one for you guy's. I have an Samsung Galaxy s4 Telcel version. I rooted it and everything worked great. I installed Gummy ROM and noticed I had no sound. I then tried another CM10 ROM and had no sound or wireless.
after flashing a bunch of different roms I would get wireless working but Zero sound. I tried to find a factory image of my Telcel stock and found 2 from users but NO SOUND or wireless. About 3 weeks later of having no sound I bought another speaker and installed it. Nothing. Still no sound.
I finally found a place for Samsung Firmwares. I paid the $12.95 for a monthly fee and downloaded the Stock ROM they had there for my phone.
I fired up Odin and flashed it and WoW sound finally. In fact everything worked great. It was the same as I got when I bought it from Telcel.
Android 4.3- My question is am I going to never be able to run a custom ROM with sound as none of them gave me sound that worked. Anyone else had this problem with a s4 ??? Let me know if you guy's know how to solve this. I love IOKP and Gummy but if I flash them I have NO Sound. What gives ??

Yeah sammobile.com has a different they never worked either. I paid for the rapidnet download or something. It's only 12.95 a month and it gives me access to all the firmware files and 1 TB of space so it's not bad.

Firmware archive | Samsung Updates

Dude I'm not sure how to change the kernel's ??? I would love to have Gummy working with sound. How do I go about changing kernels? Oh it had NO SOUND anywhere not even the headphone jack.

Upon looking at sammobile further it looks as though it's the exact same firmware but you have to pay to download it also. I thought I downloaded some from there in the past that did not work.

Upvote 0
I'm assuming I have to get the kernel from somewhere. Cool. I notice in my recovery software I have the TWRP, CWM, and Phlz recover in it has a Flash Kernel button but wants me to pick the kernel file from the drive. I'll investigate it. Thanks a lot dude I really appreciate it. I'm going to get working on it now. I'm still waiting for my Unlock code also so I can use it anywhere on any sim. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones