• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy Tab 2(7.0) stuck at Samsung logo.

MargoRoth

Lurker
Feb 7, 2015
So, my friend wanted to change the font on her Samsung Galaxy 2 tablet. I sent her the application "HiFont", put a font on her local folder and loaded the font. I also sent her ES file explorer. Then, I selected the font that I have just put in the folder. That's when the tablet restarted on its own. Until now, it's stuck on the Samsung logo with blue lights flashing behind it. What do I do? My conscience is killing me. Please don't talk too technical with me, I'm not so good at understanding terms. Help.

OK the Font app would appear to be causing the problem so it needs to be removed. The Tab should be able to boot into safe mode where minimal programs are used and you should then be able to remove the app by using application manger in settings. To boot into safe mode:-
  1. Make sure your device is turned off.
  2. Press the Power key to boot up your device.
  3. After the start-up animation begins to display, press and hold the Volume down key until the Lock screen displays.
  4. When the Lock screen is displayed, Safe mode is displayed in the lower-left corner of the screen. To boot your device into normal mode again, turn your device off and then power it back on normally.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones