• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help samsung galaxy tab 2 hard reset not working

Hello,

I want to factory reset or hard reset my samsung galaxy tab 2. But each time i reset it shows that data is deleted but again restarts with same account and application as if its a normal reboot.
Also, i am not able to uninstall applications from it. It shows that apllications are uninstalled but then it again gets rebooted automatically and all the apps are there in its place.

Please help.

There are 2 methods. Which are you using? Do you get any error messages?

From a home screen, select Apps
From the Apps tab, select Settings.
Select Back up and reset.
Select Factory data reset.
To reset the device select Reset device (enter password/PIN if prompted). Select Continue and then delete all.

Or

Press and hold the Power button until the Device options screen appears.
Select Power off.
Select OK.
Press and hold the Volume up button then press and hold the Power button.
When the Samsung logo appears, release all.
Select wipe data/factory reset. (Use the Volume buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.)
Select Yes -- delete all user data.
Select reboot system now.
Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Hello

I tried both the process. In both processes everything goes fine untill reboot. After reboot, nothing is changed. It behaves like a normal reboot. And all my applications, google account, samsung account, everthing remains same.

I tried removing applications but after reboot, no result. Apps are back in its place.

Also while doing a hard reset (through power buttons and volume button) status does not displays any error. It shows wiping data and then completed without any errors.

Upvote 0
hello

I tried what you suggested using kies. Emergency firmware recovery was not showing my device in there. It actually show only those device which were not able to perform a updatebut this not the case with me.

I also tried to flash stock ROM to my tab using ODIN. I downloaded stock ROM and tried to flash it through odin but it is failing in between and my tab is back into its place i.e. same restart mode with all apps and accounts in its place.

Can u guys please suggest any other option to try??

thanks in advance...

Reactions: vikas1992
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones