Support Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by woodsm, Mar 14, 2012.

1. woodsm

woodsm New Member

Mar 14, 2012
    How do you connect to the internet using the built in wireless connection when I'm on the road?

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    VIP Member

Hello and welcome, woodsm. I combined your two posts into one thread here for you. :)

On the Tab, just go into the wifi settings and configure to allow scanning for open networks. Most "hot spots," wifi routers/networks in public, just walk you through the setup once you allow for scanning. They have their own password, etc (or none).

3. woodsm

woodsm New Member

Mar 14, 2012
    Thanks but I'm talking about using the built in connection. The one you have to pay for. It supposed to have an internel connections.

4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    VIP Member

Do you mean that your data connection with the carrier is not set up? That is not wifi, it is a signal exchange between the nearest carrier's tower and your device.

In that same "wifi and networking" area of the settings menu is a check box for the network.

Which carrier are you in contract with? Verizon? Sprint? T-Mobile, etc.?

5. woodsm

woodsm New Member

Mar 14, 2012
    Yes, that's what I'm talking about. I have Verizon.

6. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2009
    It should connect via the CDMA radio, and or the LTE SIM/radio Verizon would have provided.

What did Verizon say?

7. Ken7

Ken7 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2011
    Make sure you have a sim card. I have the 7.7 on Verizon too and they provided me with a sim card. I walked out of the store with LTE already activated.