Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 WIFI version finally updated officially to 3.2!General

Last Updated: 2012-02-23 20:18:28
  1. dornier

dornier Well-Known Member

I was about to give up on my Galaxy Tab 8.9 due to lack of support until today. I checked for an update via settings and 3.2 was available. It took over 20-30 minutes to update, be patient. After the update, it seems snappier, but I'm still using ADW launcher. I might go back to touchwiz to see if it's snappier. By the way, I'm not rooted. I'm running a stock never rooted version. If yours is rooted, you might want to research before updating.

I have no idea what was fixed or improved since it didn't say before or after the update. Anyone have a link to what was fixed?

Thanks,

GP

Advertisement
    nuismer likes this.
  2. Sharondippity

Sharondippity Dismember VIP Member

Thanks for posting this.
  3. dornier

You're welcome. Do you have an 8.9? If so, what are your thoughts on the update?

Thanks,

GP
  4. Sharondippity

Well I'll tell you in about an hour after the darn thing finishes installing. Yikes it's slow.
  5. Sharondippity

The wifi signal is much better, other than that I haven't noticed much, because I'm not a heavy user.
  6. Kilili

Kilili Member

I've applied the update, but now my camera isn't working.

When I click on the camera Icon, I get a little box that says "Media scanner running...", then it goes away.
  7. dornier

Thanks for the update. I've only noticed that it's snappier than before.
  8. dornier

My camera is working. You might want to accomplish a hard reset to re install the firmware. Maybe it didn't update correctly the first time? You can also force close the camera app, followed by clearing defaults before accomplishing a hard reset.

Good luck,

GP
  9. reiththestud

reiththestud Well-Known Member

I obviously would have preferred ics, but 3.2 definitely isn't bad. Everything seems smoother than before. It had a zoom button at the bottom for non tablet optimised apps in case they don't work properly. The Phandroid app i'm using to write this is a good example of it.
  10. edstewbob

edstewbob Well-Known Member

After 3.2 update Market is not working for me. Install went fine with no issues and everything else works OK, including camera. I get "Application is not installed" message when selecting the Market icon but it shows as installed under settings. I'm not sure how to install it from another source.
    nuismer likes this.
  11. nuismer

nuismer Active Member

I never noticed this. The same thing happened to me after the update. But just the shortcut link on the front page is broken. The Market icon on the app page and in the top border works. I took the icon on the front page and dumped it in the trash and then put the icon back on the front page from the app page. Now they all work.
    edstewbob likes this.
  12. edstewbob

edstewbob Well-Known Member

Great thanks worked like a champ.
    nuismer likes this.
  13. Riche101

Riche101 VIP Member VIP Member

I had that too but all is good. Just wish there was more mods n themes for it. Its a great device perfect size well for me :)