Samsung Galaxy Tab or HTC Desire HD?

Last Updated:

1. golu14

golu14 Active Member This Topic's Starter

i currently have a very basic sony erricson phone and need to upgrade.
    galaxy tab will cost me 50 euros more than desire hd (both unlocked).
    so should i get galaxy tab for now and wait for the dual core smartphones or get desire hd and wait for dual core tablets?

Advertisement
  2. Tech Addiction

Tech Addiction Well-Known Member

I would go for the Tab and wait on the better phones to come. I'm very happy with the Tab purchase.

3. golu14

ive heard the apps dont do good to the tab, they're meant for small screens. is that true?

4. Tech Addiction

Tech Addiction Well-Known Member

I've had mybe one or two issues tops. Most apps scale nicely especially if you download Spare Parts and follow JKK Mobiles step by step. It forces most if not all apps to scale. If anyone wants the steps I can provide them. It's extremely easy.

5. Afront

Afront Well-Known Member

I own both an HTC Desire smartphone and Galaxy Tab tablet.

Most regular Android apps work fine on the Tab - out of 30 I tried, only a couple didn't scale-to-fit like they should. For those, there were always alternatives (same kind of app) that did fit OK.

I was going to say if you have no smartphone then get a Desire as the priority and consider the Tab as a luxury "2nd phone."

But I've been using the Tab every night while the Desire sits around doing nothing. During the daytime however, I use the Desire for texting and calls and music streaming (all of which the Tab can do), but this is in a more public environment where I feel more comfortable using a smaller smartphone than a large tablet, and where I have full-size desktop web browsing.

So, er, does that help?

6. jasonaward

jasonaward Member

Simple question... what do you plan to use the device for? If more phone, texting, music then a phone would be better. If watching videos, playing games, entertainment, then maybe the Tab would be a better fit.

I have an EVO and a Tab. I use the EVO for phone calls, texting (since it has my primarily number of about 10 years). I find myself doing everything else on the Tab --- social media, videos, entertainment, email.

7. golu14

thanks everyone, everything helped a lot but sadly i just came to know that desire hd isnt going to restocked anywhere before 20th december due to htc fixing some bugs with it, by that time theres going to be(probably) a nexus s with gingerbread :/
    how much life do you expect for galaxy tab? i mean till when will it keep its current charm?