Samsung Galaxy Tab Wifi tethering?

Last Updated:

1. corinnaj

corinnaj New Member

Hi Everyone. I am new here and totally clueless at the moment lol!

So i recently bought the Samsung Galaxy Tab Wifi only version. It works great and everything but it won't find my phone's wifi.

I successfully rooted my phone yesterday. It's a Motorola Cliq XT with TMobile service. Before I rooted my phone I used PDA to tether my laptop to surf the web. Now I am using Barnacle Wifi Tether and my laptop has no problem picking up the wifi signal. But my Tab will not find it nor when put in manually, connect. Is there something I can do to tether my Tab wireless? Or do I need to root my Tab for that as well?

I would be thankful for any help you could give me.

Thank you.

2. T.C.

T.C. Member

Search on WPA Supplicant. Its a file you need to replace on the Galaxy Tab in order to get it to work (or at least thats how I got mine to work). Best place to start is over at XDA
  3. cmcollins001

cmcollins001 Well-Known Member

I use Wireless Tether for Root Users found in the market on my Evo and it tethers the laptop and my Sprint Galaxy tab perfectly.
  4. Vane0314

Vane0314 Member

I have the same problem!!

I'm using the app "wireless tether" right now on my laptop, but i can't find it on

Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 oh and it's T-Mobile, but it's not connected.

My tab pics up my computers wifi but not the phone's wireless tether :/
  5. androidgirl

androidgirl Member

yeah I am also having a similar issue. I tried tethering my galaxy tab 8.9 to my DROID 3 using PDANET for tablets. I get a connection between the 2 devices, but when I bring up the browser on my tablet, it says no connection :-(
  6. jasonacg

jasonacg Well-Known Member

Your version of Wireless Tether probably supports only Ad-Hoc connections. The Galaxy Tab needs Infrastructure. I discovered that myself, the hard way.
  7. Vane0314

Vane0314 Member

So is there like a certain app for that?
  8. androidgirl

androidgirl Member

I was able to tether my samsung galaxy tablet 8.9 to my droid 3 (via bluetooth) successfully with no apps!! My question is whether verizon can ever detect this, and whether USB tethering is possible.