Samsung Galaxy Tab

Last Updated:

1. koppit

koppit Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

[​IMG]

All the information I know so far:

According to the latest leak, this device is a very sturdy and well-built tablet, one that is also quite thin, being about the same thickness as an iPhone. The surprising bit is that the tablet will indeed feature full phone functionality, though you'll need to rely on a Bluetooth headset, or the P1000's (as it's called) speaker.

Additional details include a front-facing camera for video-calling, a 3.2-megapixel camera at the back, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, 3G, GPS and Internet tethering over USB or Wi-Fi. Finally, it was also mentioned that the battery can't be removed and the tablet seems to be running Android 2.2. It will be powered by an A8 processor running at 1.2GHz.

The 370-gram tablet is expected to feature a 4,000mAH battery, 16GB of on-board storage, up to 32GB of microSD expansion, integrated eBook reader software and

Advertisement
  2. davewoodson

davewoodson Well-Known Member

I will only buy a non-3g tablet, I have no interest in anything other than wifi

3. koppit

Each to their own - I myself would prefer data anywhere, without having to hunt down a wifi network.

4. Lukehluke

Lukehluke Well-Known Member

Ditto.

I would love to just go out of my house and carry on using it as it switches from WiFi to 3G.

It would be good for bragging too :rolleyes:

5. koppit

As long as it's not like the blackberry tablet - you will apparently need to have your blackberry for data tethering?!

6. irishpride

irishpride Well-Known Member

I am definitely holding out for this one. It looks like the perfect tablet!

7. The Wagster

The Wagster Well-Known Member

Any news on price? I like the idea of a tablet but certainly not at iPad prices...

8. mrspeedmaster

mrspeedmaster Well-Known Member

I have a MIFI so it is a moot issue for me. I have wifi regardless of where I am. The mifi is so small and thin, it fits in my front pocket.