Samsung Galaxy U (SHW-M130L)

1. bebuggery

bebuggery New Member

Hi - I'm living in Korea, and recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy U, model SHW-M130L. And then I discovered that Korea has banned all games from the android market, which is incredibly frustrating.

So, I'm looking into rooting the phone, but I don't want to take any risk whatsoever of bricking it (dealing with customer support in Korean is not a happy prospect). I see lots of rooting guides for the Galaxy S, but am I right to assume that these would not be at all appropriate for my model? If not, does anyone know what instructions I could follow (if any) to root my phone and open up avenues to installing games and unavailable apps?

Thanks so much!

Advertisement
    :
  2. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Wow. That really suck. Governments.... sometimes I wonder if those guys are really flesh and blood humans like us.

Problem is, your phone is not too popular, which means developer support is rather thin. Give z4root a try. Last time I checked it was still on the market. If not, I can give you the apk file. Once rooted, you should be able to download market enabler (This is not on the market).