Samsung Galaxy vs Transformer Infinity

1. siggy1964

siggy1964 Well-Known Member

Since we have a new thread on the Infinity vs the Nexus how about comparing the Galaxy as well. Now that I have a new exchangeable Infinity and Best Buy doesn't carry the Nexus, from what I understand, what if I have an issue with this one? Is the Samsung as good as the Infinity in your opinions? I would really miss my keyboard but the lag is annoying. I imagine I'll keep this one unless it starts to have major issues since I think the tablet wars are really just now heating up. I wish HTC would pick up the pace and put out a real challenger because I love my Evo 3D. With that being said, as I've been typing this new thread, the thin black line has shown up on this one as well about five times :(. If I do decide to go with another tablet I'll be selling my keyboard.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

Moved to the Device/Carrier Comparisons section since devices are being compared. :)
    siggy1964 likes this.
  3. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Which Samsung are you referring to? The Note 10.1?
  4. siggy1964

Not the Note. I don't need all that. Just the Galaxy 10 16 or 32gb. Sorry for the slow response. I don't have internet right now. Comcast sucks but that's a different post.
    Encerspay likes this.
  5. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

If you see yourself using a keyboard, get the infinity. If not, get the nexus 10. I have the infinity, enjoy it thoroughly, but it does have some slight lag issues. The keyboard dock for the transformer series make it unique. Adds lots of features like a usb, standard sd, and an extra battery for the device. The galaxy tab 10.1 and tab 2 10.1 is outdated hardware wise. If you want to get a samsung non nexus, get the note 10.1
    siggy1964 and ocnbrze like this.
  6. siggy1964

This is the third time I have tried to post this with the new Infinity I got. It still has the black line but most importantly it keeps shutting down when I'm trying to post a new thread.
  7. siggy1964

I hope the next one I get doesn't have these issues. I'm going back to Best Buy tomorrow. Wish me luck.
  8. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

that's a bummer. my infinity works flawlessly. good luck getting it returned. if it is within 30 days you should be good to go even if you do not have their geek squad protection.
  9. siggy1964

So here we go. Infinity number 3. The good news is I didn't have any trouble with Best Buy exchanging it. The bad news is it has the same letters starting the s/n the last one did (CBOKAS). I really want one to work because I love the keyboard dock. I guess I'll keep taking them back until I get one that works the way it should if this one doesn't.
    ocnbrze likes this.
  10. siggy1964

Update. Well at least this one hasn't shut down on me but the black line is still there. Do any of you know which s/n's don't have any issues and is there anyway to make sure I get one of those?
  11. ocnbrze

well my sn is C7OKAS062695.

sorry you are having such a tuff time with your tablet. this is my second one as well, but i dropped my first one....lol thank god for geek squad protection!!!!
  12. siggy1964

I see you're a Sprint customer. Do you have 4g LTE in LA now?
  13. ocnbrze

nope not yet. its supposed to be sometime later in Q1 or Q2, i believe.
    siggy1964 likes this.
  14. siggy1964

How do you like the evo 4g lte?
  15. ocnbrze

its rooted and the thing flies and gets awesome battery life.....so i'm happy with my decision. it is one phone i can see myself keeping until my upgrade is due.