samsung galaxy y duos(gt-s6102)? can't get back to stock rom

Last Updated:

1. shubh9835

shubh9835 New Member

when i was trying to install cyanogenmod 7.2 my samsung gt-s6102 could not complete the installation. i tried to reinstall stock rom, but the installation gets aborted. my question is "what if i get the phone to samsung service center? it was a rooted one will they ever catch if it is rooted or not?"
    All that happens to the phone when i turn it on. "galaxy y duos" logo flashes. the phone is still able to boot into recovery mode and download mode. is my phone bricked or is it that i am doing something wrong while reinstalling stock rom?

and what if someone reinstalls the stock rom on a rooted android phone. does the phone still remain rooted? or does it get unrooted,after the fresh installation of stock rom

2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Welcome shubh9835, glad to have you here!

First thing i would suggest to do, is if you didn't factory reset before booting into CM7.2 i would suggest to do so, you are just stuck in a boot loop.

If you search here: Android Phones - Android Forums you can find your specific device and in the subforum is a guide about Rooting your phone, if you follow that step by step guide you should have a rooted phone, no questions asked, and no boot loops.

Hopefully this helps and thanks for joining :)