Samsung Galaxy Y wifi problem.Support

1. TheKalle

TheKalle Well-Known Member

I bought this phone 2 weeks ago, and it seems that I have a problem with my wifi. Whenever Im browsing using my default browser or looking at apps at play store, my wifi connection goes off and then returns some seconds later. This never happened on my previous phones. Its really irritating when I'm downloading something huge and the connection goes off. Help me. :c

Advertisement
    :
  2. rshivakmr

rshivakmr New Member

I have the same problem and when even my screen gets off.The wifi is getting off, i cant listen to tuneup radio also :( any one help me..
  3. TheKalle

Go to wifi settings >advanced and then tap on wifi sleep policy and tap on never. Hope it helps...
    navshukla55 and kiloromeo like this.
  4. rshivakmr

rshivakmr New Member

I tried that to,, all other options in that.. but still its turning off... I dont know y
  5. arhmiq

arhmiq New Member

U might have a belkin router for sure. Ok so it disconnects right after 3 mins and gets re reconnected after 2-3 secs so.. go to your routers ip adress, if I'm not wrong it would be 192.168.2.1 , lol so then under wireless, there myt be sum settngs click on that. Then find lease time, it would be forever, change this lease time two weeeks. Then ur done
    It will work 100%. This is a prob with all gingerbreD nd android phones.
    TheKalle likes this.
  6. vonchi182

vonchi182 Well-Known Member

maybe u shud try checking the tune up radio settings..
  7. rshivakmr

rshivakmr New Member

Yeah it works,, just fine now,,, i changed my belkin router settings..thanks for the help dude,, :)
  8. Vipulm124

Vipulm124 New Member

I have purchased a Samsung Galaxy y...
    i want to connect it to the Wifi of my BSNL broadband
    but i am unable to do so.....
    HELP ME
    Thanks...:)
  9. daxley

daxley New Member

bump - I have the same problem :- (
  10. TheKalle

I have a really old router, so I can't change the settings on it. Might be missing some cables. Ordered a new one and it will be probably delivered in 2 weeks. If it still happens, I'll follow your tip. You'll get a thanks anyways :D
  11. androidtester3

androidtester3 Active Member

i will suggest Go to Settings --> Wireless and networks --> Wifi Settings -->Press Menu --> Go to Advanced --> Choose Wifi Sleep Policy --> Set that to never.
  12. androidtester3

androidtester3 Active Member

i will suggest you ,
    Go to Settings --> Wireless and networks --> Wifi Settings -->Press Menu --> Go to Advanced --> Choose Wifi Sleep Policy --> Set that to never.

Go to Settings --> Wireless and networks --> WiFi Settings -->on WiFi --> click network --> if any password enter with enable show password --> application auto connect wifi .
  13. popong1122

popong1122 New Member

I have a problem too..
    I installed a custom rom called hyperion 7 Golden Master...
    At first the wifi of my phone works in about two days..
    but now the wifi signal was strong but the internet is not working...
    what should i do?
  14. TheKalle

It may have been your router. Or the custom rom. Check the rom's topic here at AF and see if there are more people experiencing this. Maybe there is a update for the rom? You can always change rom or go back to stock.
  15. NikhilD05

NikhilD05 New Member

I am able to connect to the wifi router but not the internet how to resolve this
  16. Oh my God, I have been thinking of buy the same phone, but it has WiFi problem? Oh no. :(
  17. TheKalle

Lol. I would suggest spending a few more bucks to buy an other phone than the Galaxy Y. Not of the wifi problem, but its an low-end phone. You can get a better one by spending around 100 bucks more. The problem with the wifi is not a serious problen tho. :D
  18. charles32

charles32 New Member

even the same problem is going on in my phone.... its really irritating... plzzzzzz help me...:(:(:(:(
  19. charles32

charles32 New Member

no!!!!!!!!!!1 it dosent