Samsung galaxys - phone does not ringSupport

1. mpap

mpap New Member

hello,
    I have a samsung galaxys and after upgrading to 2.2 through Kies , the phone does not ring or vibrate on incoming calls.I have checked all the sound settings but problem remains. Also I dot have any problem in listening songs,I hear them fine. Problem appears only for incoming calls.Can anyone please help?thanx

Advertisement
  2. Denniizzz

Denniizzz Active Member

have you also checked (i have the dutch version so don't know if this is the correct english term used in the SGS) in settings -> callsettings (it's placed between networks and sound) -> all calls -> warnings call.

there you can chose between:
    nothing
    sound
    vibrate

it might be on nothing.
    then again don't know if you checked that too when you said you checked all the sound settings
  3. mpap

mpap New Member

I just ckecked it. Is was set on "sound"...problem still exists.
  4. Denniizzz

Denniizzz Active Member

checked other forums for you but couldn't find anyting about this only that some other people have the same problem. Have you installed an app recently that could be the cause of this problem? perhaps an app that isn't massively used. if so try to uninstall it and see what happens
  5. pietjuhhh1990

pietjuhhh1990 Well-Known Member

Mabey a stupid thing but do you have sound on?

Never know?
  6. mpap

mpap New Member

I unistalled every app I installed after the firmware upgrade.Problem still exists.The strange that the ddevice worked fine before the upgrade.Is there any way to install the previous version(2.1)?
  7. mpap

mpap New Member

yes...It doesn't even vibrate
  8. pietjuhhh1990

pietjuhhh1990 Well-Known Member

If you uninstald evry app and no help go for a factory reset
    turn pgone off

hold volume up home button and power for a few seconds till you get a menu
    select factory reset
    select yes

this should help