• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung getting ready to release a Galaxy Nexus+ ?

sean76

Android Expert
May 5, 2010
NYC
Hmmmmmm? Now this would work just fine for me if indeed LTE is onboard, a refreshed 8 megapixel shooter, and an SD card slot is on board...

Spec Sheet For GT-I9260 Pops Up - Could Samsung Be Cooking Up A Galaxy Nexus Plus? http://phandroid.com/?p=104926

Its about time for the new nexus to surface or make slight appearance. I mean if they unveiled nexus in october of last year.... This seems right to me.

If Samsung does it right this time with a better shooter on board, expanded memory, and makes some changes like Gorilla Glass 2, an improved processor, and hopefully puts the same speakers that the Galaxy S3 has on board...Then WoW! That will 100% be my next device.

Upvote 0
Hmmmmmm? Now this would work just fine for me if indeed LTE is onboard, a refreshed 8 megapixel shooter, and an SD card slot is on board...

Spec Sheet For GT-I9260 Pops Up - Could Samsung Be Cooking Up A Galaxy Nexus Plus? Spec Sheet For GT-I9260 Pops Up – Could Samsung Be Cooking Up A Galaxy Nexus Plus?

In today's smartphone technology, having anything come out that doesn't have LTE or VoLTE would be a suicidal phone. No one would buy it. Even MetroPCS stopped coming out with non-LTE smartphones.

Upvote 0
In today's smartphone technology, having anything come out that doesn't have LTE or VoLTE would be a suicidal phone. No one would buy it. Even MetroPCS stopped coming out with non-LTE smartphones.

How do we know it won't have LTE version? There is no mention of that. I'm still not sure if that samsung phone is real deal or even next nexus. That 1.5Ghz A9 dual processor better be OMAP 4470 with SGX544 GPU at least.

Then this just came in. I am interested in what LG, Sony would make if they are given shot at nexus.

Next Nexus Phones Coming From LG, Sony, and Samsung? – Droid Life

Upvote 0
Can Samsung just "make" a Galaxy Nexus 2? I mean, Nexus is the Google flagship phone, built with Google. I don't think Samsung could just decide to make another one any more than HTC could just make a Nexus Two.

If anything, this is NOT going to have a Nexus name. I don't see Google "letting" Samsung do another Nexus the very next year and also they certainly aren't going to let their next Nexus just be a spec bump over the previous one.

Upvote 0

Well, don't forget that there is still a number of countries that don't even have a functioning 4G/LTE network yet. Personally I don't like the sound of that intense battery drain.

Anyway, there will most likely be another Nexus at the end of this year, considering they are due for one in October - I can't wait. But more than just a spec bump, I want better build quality, with a body that's actually attached to the screen. Still, looking forward.

Though I don't think this is it. I'm pretty sure we all know Google's stance on SD cards. It might have 32GB of memory (and not just in the LTE version), but if it is a genuine Nexus I don't think it would have an SD slot.

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I don't like the idea of there being multiple nexus phones released at the same time from different manufacturers.

If this is true, well my new every two is up for a discount in April. That'll give me a few months to see how each device holds up. I don't have unlimited data, so I don't have to worry about losing that.

Upvote 0
I personally never liked Motorola for their design and build quality. But i think this is going to change since Motorola Mobility now owned By Google.

Google itself said that Motorola should focus on quality rather then quantity because as far as i know Motorola went with a completely unusual market strategy by feeling the market with tons of not so good phones

Upvote 0
i personally wish samsung would stop with the nexus line. and give it to Motorola, or try out LG.

Samsung Galaxy Nexus is a good device, but so many problems its not even funny

I'm going to disagree with you. The Google Galaxy Nexus is quite good; while it has some issues they tend to be relatively minor. The problem with the Verizon Galaxy Nexus is that it isn't actually the Galaxy Nexus, but rather a kludge of a device that has the basic GSM Nexus hardware retrofitted with the CDMA/LTE radio, larger battery, etc. Just they called the device, despite the fact that it has a different battery and is slightly larger, by the same Nexus name.

I think the real answer is to make sure there is an actual Nexus version that is designed as a CDMA device. Not to mention a CDMA Nexus that is updated directly by Google.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones