Samsung Gravity SmartSupport

1. LetMeKnow

LetMeKnow New Member

You a real technology wizard if you can find this out:
    Can the samsung gravity smart be rooted?
    How can I get flashplayer to work on the samsung gravity smart?

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! VIP Member

It doesn't look like you can root it unfortunately.

Nor will flash work by the looks of things, sorry.
  3. ramothgold

ramothgold Member

While I applaud you on your obvious know how, but never say never. Give a little time and someone will figure it out, just for the sport of it. The harder a something is the more attractive to hack, crack, root...ect That certain something will become.

Keep Moving Forward,
    Ramothgold
  4. tangodown09

tangodown09 Member

I can confirm that Super One Click works, make sure that you download the drivers from the samsung website, I'm not sure about the posting links here cause I am new, but a quick google search will lead you to it. I have successfully used it on 2 phones now and both have root access! Make sure it is the most recent version!
  5. tangodown09

tangodown09 Member

El Presidente likes this.
  6. El Presidente

Thank you! :)

I'll sticky your thread in the Root subforum if that's alright?
    tangodown09 likes this.
  7. tangodown09

tangodown09 Member

Yes, that's perfectly fine to sticky it!
  8. El Presidente

:)

Stuck!
  9. ramothgold

ramothgold Member

I am a t-mobile user of the gravity smart. Would it be possible for you to post a list of the stock apps you uninstalled safely? I would like to free up as much room as humanly possible. Thanks again

Keep moving forward,
    Ramothgold
  10. tangodown09

tangodown09 Member

Check the all things root topic that is now stickied, I posted a list of what I have removed safely!
  11. tokicku

tokicku Member

Hi, I used super one click and got root access and then installed rom manager but when i try and flash clockworkmod it ask me to confirm phone model and gives me about 10 choices but the gravity smart is not one of them. Im trying to flash clockworkmod so i can use it to partition my sd card and install my apps there. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks , Tim
  12. El Presidente

13. tokicku

tokicku Member

Thanks for the response. I printed out the instructions and did everything it said but when it says to "create another new partition in the unallocated space but set this one as
  14. Arhtard

Arhtard Well-Known Member

15. El Presidente

Take a look at this post, does that help at all? It mentions the Nexus One, but it should ring true for any Android Device.

You'll need the Android SDK installed on your PC and USB Debugging enabled on your phone for it to work though.

I've never done it myself, but if you experience any issues, I'll do what I can to assist. If I can't help, I can ask some of the other guides for assistance.
  16. tokicku

tokicku Member

thanks for the help! The info on that linked worked perfect. I used the android sdk and java jdk with the steps your link provided and i am now installing on my sd card. Thanks again! Tim :D:D:D:D:D
  17. El Presidente

Good, glad you're sorted! :D
  18. tokicku

tokicku Member

Well i seem to have uninstalled something i shouldn't have. I unistalled drivesmart and tmobile id since i dont use either and the tmobile ID they charge monthly for if you accidentally click on it. After i uninstalled these my phone rebooted and when it came back on it said "the application samsung home (process.com.sec.android.app.twlauncher) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again. Any idea on how i could fix this? :eek:
  19. Arhtard

are you familiar with adb and how to use it to push files to your phone?
    seeing how you removed those files, i'm gathering that you're rooted.
    if you want i can email you those 2 apps that you deleted and you can push them back into your /system and do a reboot, if that doesnt fix, do a factory reset... this is of course assuming that you're still using the factory recovery and not been lucky enough to find a custom recovery thats compatable like clockworkmod.. anyway, its not the end, you, me and a few others have deleted/uninstalled apks that we shouldnt have and are trading files back and forth. just let me know what u decide u want to do.
  20. tokicku

tokicku Member

Im sorta familiar with adb,i used it to make my ap2sd work but im not sure how to push the files in. Thanks you very much for your help. My email is tokicku@yahoo.com if you could send me those files and a brief instruction on the commands i need i would really appreciate it. I already tried a factory recovery and it didnt fix it.
  21. Arhtard

ok emailing you in a sec.
    yeah, a factory reset wont fix it if the files are not present.
    i wish it had a "image" to reset to, but unfortunately it just wipes all settings.

are you able to use root explorer or file expert at all?
    or is your fone constantly force closing?
  22. tokicku

tokicku Member

all it will do is turn on and display a samsung screen and then that message then after a few minutes it goes back to the samsung screen. Oh yea, it shows that message then force closes.
  23. mikethepoolguy

mikethepoolguy New Member

Installed cyanogen, for some different roms, all was installing and so forth, then asked me to clear cache and stuff, then said it had to reboot, pressed ok for it to do that, phone powered off, now I can't turn my phone on at all, totally non responsive. I pushed all the stupid little magic buttons, but still nothing.
  24. mrweedy

mrweedy Member

I've got 2 gravity smarts rooted>>>>>it can be done>>>>>I just wish I could remember where I got the universal rooting app from