Samsung GS2, Android 4.0.4, how to remove home screens?General

Last Updated:

1. rdaneel

rdaneel New Member

Hi, does anyone know how to remove extra home screens? I have a Samsung GS2 (Sprint), running Android 4.0.4. I've looked around quite a bit online but couldn't figure it out.

2. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

you cant remove homescreens using the default launcher. you need to install a third party launcher like ADW or ADW EX. there are others like launcher pro but these are my personal favorites. ADW EX is the payed version btw.
    rdaneel likes this.
  3. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

Since you are on ICS I would recommend Nova or Apex (I use Nova Prime).
  4. JaniceK

JaniceK Well-Known Member

Would it not be easier to just not use them all?
  5. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

Nope, not for everyone. I personally use 3, and the most I have ever used is 5. Its a much cleaner look to just use folders
  6. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Well-Known Member

This. I used to be all about using all 7 screens in TW, but then I switched to the stock ICS and only had 5. At first I thought I wouldn't like it, but then i realized how clean the folders make things look, and how easy they make using the phone. Now I only use 3 out of the 5 screens, and realistically, I could get away with only 1 if I really wanted to.
  7. ccrabbe

ccrabbe New Member

A lot of misinformation in this thread.

All you need to do to remove extra homescreens in 4.0.4 Touchwiz is to be on the homescreen and pinch-zoom-out. You'll see a thumbnail of each homescreen. From here you can reorder them, or add or remove homescreens by pressing the "+" button or touch-dragging a screen to the trash icon, respectively.