Samsung GS2 MTP Connection ProblemSupport

Last Updated:

1. Makin672

Makin672 New Member

Hi, ive got a big problem with my Samsung Galaxy S2 which is really annoying me.

My phone constantly vibrates every 5 seconds, normally it says its trying to connect to MTP or "MTP initialization" but nothing is connected to it and it will just be in my pocket or something. Also i cant turn it off, if i turn it off then the battery symbol will pop up, most of the time with a temprature warning sign. The only way i can then turn it on is by plugging it into a phone charger which for some reason then lets me turn it back on.

I had similar problems a few months ago and took it to the Carphone Warehosue and they said it was a virus so they wiped my phone. Now i know it isnt a virus as i run AVG and i dont have a clue what it is.

When i done a software update it says "damaged sd" card so wonder if its got something to do with that, but if i take the sd card out it wont turn back on at all.

Any help would be greatly apprieciated.

2. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Well-Known Member

You seem to have all sort of problems that really not sure if tied to a single cause. If you get weird connection issues when USB is not connected, then it might be an issue with the USB port. For that you can try cleaning the port with a toothbrush.

As for viruses, its a little unlikely. And AVG is definitely not fool proof.

From what I see though, the major problem is that the phone does not start up without the SD card. Have never heard that before and if that is the case, I strongly suspect you would need to do a factory reset of the phone as well as reformat the microSD card. For me, it points to some massive error.
  3. Makin672

Makin672 New Member

Thanks for the reply.
    Im hoping that its just an issue with the phone itself, so ill try and take it in store and swap the model over!
  4. Oimie

Oimie Member

The problem should be all related since I have the same exact problem. Out of nowhere my phone starts beeping and it just keeps repeating something about "MTP initialization". I turned it off to reset my phone and couldn't turn it back on. An animation of a battery shows up instead with a temperature sign next to it. And the animation just keeps replaying itself until I take the battery out from the back. I had to keep taking out and putting back in the battery till my phone would start up again.
  5. tush88

tush88 New Member

hi im using a galaxy s2 and im having a problem with the mtp connection. i cant seem to connect my media storage when i connect my phone via USB. it just goes to camera share or something. basically it says device driver not installed. please help.
  6. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Well-Known Member

Try installing the latest Kies for the drivers.
  7. KhanTet

KhanTet New Member

I am having the exact same problems with my S2. Not surprisingly they started days after the warranty expired. The phone thinks it's connected to a computer USB when it isn't. The phone, once turned off, will not turn on again without being plugged into a power source. I keep getting the temperature too high animation. Much of the time when it is conne ted to the computer, it will not be acknowledged and I cannot transfer files. To top it off, battery life when it gets hardly any use is a pathetic 8 hours. The phone gets light use and is now 1,5 years old. I have owned cell phones for over 15 years and without a doubt it is the WORST phone I have ever had. Unless I want to pay through the nose, I am stuck with it for another year. I will NEVER buy another Samsung phone again because the S2 is the biggest POS I have ever had the misfortune of owning. I would rather spend money on a new phone (or even used) of another manufacturer than waste a penny getting this POS fixed.