Samsung GS4 Battery draining too fast?Support

1. Lord_Daishi

Lord_Daishi Member

Hey guys I just switched over to andorid from apple, so I'm new to these forums.

Anyways after doing some digging other people tend to notice a heavy battery drain on the Samsung galaxy S4, people seem to say it should last them the day some accounts going from 6am - 10pm with moderate use.

so employing every power saving trick other than actually turning on "Power saver" my battery is draining pretty damn fast.

The only tabs I have on are Wifi (for obvious reasons) sound, screen rotation, and synch. My brightness is on auto with +5 and since the rooms I've been in have been pretty poorly lit my screens brightness hasn't gone up very high.

I web browse for maybe 10-20 min or run a game and I drop like 3%, mind you I was on LTE earlier and was droping like 6% for 20 min but this still seems like a lot.

I've been fiddling with the device a lot but it's 1:20 PM at the time of posting now at 68%, since 10am I'm almost halfway through my battery and it's not even 3pm!

I do have a live background, but if I'm reading from a web browser surely it can't be still sucking up energy can it?

Is this normal or am I missing something? is my battery just a lemon? I know this is supposed to drain faster but this is a little tooo much from what I hear other people are getting.

Day 3 and I'm already questioning if going andorid was the best idea -_- please reassure me.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Welcome to the forums!!!(and the freedom of android:D)

The stock battery statistics app isn't too helpful.

I'd recommend downloading betterbatterystats (my fav), gsam battery monitor, or wake lock detector and letting them run for a day and get some beneficial statistics and insight into what is actually going on
  3. Lord_Daishi

Lord_Daishi Member

Thank you for your reply.

I got GSam Battery monitor (since it was free and I don't have any cash to put into the play store right now)

it's giving me a 46.5% from my screen (Which I'm sure is normal) and a app useage of 50%. 20% going to one game and chrome sitting at about 5%.

I was not playing the game for that long, could I not be closing my multitasking or cache or something not properly?

if so how do I properly close old processes?

*edit*

Another thing to note is that it charges pretty damn fast, I don't know if that's a normal feature too?
  4. Lord_Daishi

Lord_Daishi Member

I'm losing 5% in 20 min.

"system" (com.sec.android.app.launcher) is eating up 40% and I don't know how to stop it!

and "andorid system" is at 10%

What is this?

plus I got the other half coming from my display.

What am I supposed to do? at this rate I'll hold a charge at about 5 hours, and I have all the power saving stuff on, I even took off sync!!!
  5. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Are you actively using it at the time? It may be that the game you played run lots of battery. Try this: Charge it to full, then DO NOT TOUCH IT. Look at how much battery it loses over an hour. Take note of what connection you have and how good or poor the signal is.

Also how long have you had the phone? Typically it takes quite some charge cycles before the battery powers up to max capacity, usually a week.