Samsung Has a New Flagship Device Headed Our Way, Trumps Galaxy S in Every Way

Last Updated:

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot Recognized Contributor This Topic's Starter

The Nexus S train got off to a quick and ruthless start yesterday, but let’s not start thinking that this will be Samsung’s cream of the crop heading into 2011: Engadget’s already procured evidence of the next flagship device out of the Korean carrier. According to some slides from a powerpoint – which Engadget says [...]

More...

Advertisement
  2. runlsd

runlsd Active Member

4.5" screen seems excessive. Otherwise if the specs are true, we could have a gem.

3. dannytech_lt

dannytech_lt Well-Known Member

What company will be getting this? If it is Sprint although i know its not is drop my evo for it

4. imtoomuch

imtoomuch Well-Known Member

I agree!

Remember back in the day when cell phones weren't popular because they were huge? Then the manufacturers found a way to make them pocketable and they took off like crazy. We all wanted the smallest, lightest phone. Now the trend has gone back to bigger-is-better which is not a good thing IMO. My Incredible is almost the perfect size of function while still being ultra-portable.

And this phone is so thin that battery life is sure to suffer.

5. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Oh man, that's man that's cash...

Just like Samsung to throw something else out there while their current lineup is still stuck on the last release of 2.1...
    I would piss myself laughing if this new phone is released running 2.1. Wouldn't surprise me either. I predict that it's GPS will also be barely functioning and unreliable.

6. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Well-Known Member

this phone will pack the new Orion chip from Samsung. how do i know that? because it has 1080p playback/recording and a new SAMOLED2 screen. i think 4.5" is very excessive, though. 4" is still the sweet spot imo.

as far as Sprint, you guys keep an eye out for something called the HTC Sabor.

7. alamoe

alamoe Well-Known Member

That pic is a fake. The screen pix are showing MIUI. Also the ad just doesn't seem professional; look at how it lists 2 different screen sizes.

8. LearningAndroid

LearningAndroid Member

I agree the Nexus S is suspect, but Samsung has a very vibrant developer community that would jump for joy. Then again so does HTC. HTC was their in the beginning and gets the good stuff first. I dont think they would be very happy to loose that status.

If this is a new phone for developers (N2) that would be sweet. Samsung as the SuperAMOLED! Otherwise why call it Nexus at all. Nexus is for developers at its core.

9. digdug1

digdug1 Well-Known Member

:p

yea my next cell phone will look like Zack Morris's from saved by the bell lol!:p

10. Shocky

Shocky On Probation

Screen size is getting too big and well the rest of the specs look great I fear battery life is going to be horrible.

But that doesnt mean I won't be very tempted to swap when it's released, I really hope they find a way to improve battery life. :(

11. mikeymop

mikeymop Well-Known Member

12. thrawn86

thrawn86 Well-Known Member

4.3" Dx was excessive. if you fit a phone half that awesome into a DInc chassis I'd sell my soul for it.