samsung headphone volume is good !?!Support

Last Updated:

1. chronodekar

chronodekar Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Many here will agree with me, when I say that with JC4 (or was it JB4?, I forget ...) release, the volume when using headphones is really low. And it's been that way for about every release I can think of.

When using 3rd party headphones, I get this weird problem of the music player unexpectedly popping up (I discussed this in another thread and don't want to raise the issue again). Well, to experiment, I just tried using the default headphones, the ones that came with the phone. To my surprise, the volume was actually LOUD !! (no kidding!!)

To sum up my findings, it seems that using the supplied headphones solves 2 problems - the 'low' volume issue and the music player popping up.

On the negative side of things, I don't like in-ear headphones, although I might have to get used to this one. Also, when using those headphones, its nearly impossible to hear what's going on around you. It does a really good job of isolating your ears! (Opinions may vary, but I consider this a bad thing)

-chronodekar

PS - can anyone else confirm/deny my findings? Or am I an isolated case?

Advertisement
  2. Kouske

Kouske Well-Known Member

when using my creative in ear headphones the sound is really low, but on the other side when using my shure in ear headphones it works better...maybe its because the shure has better sound isolation.

still with galaxo 1.6.2 im having trouble with low volume which is pretty annoying with no solution as for now (except for waiting for gaosp 2.1).

p.s
    as for the topic im just guessing that using the in ear headphones makes music sound louder because of good sound isolation compared to normal headphones that have crappy sound isolation..

3. FadeFx

FadeFx Well-Known Member

people, cbeck the plastic part of your headphone jack. i figured out that many jacks that have a normal diameter for the plastic part dont fit in correctly, so the connection is kind of loose, maybe also the electrical connection can be kind of bad and a loose fitting jack can maybe trigger musi. player poping up.

4. chronodekar

chronodekar Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This is my suspicion as well and why I think the Samsung provided headphones work well.

-chronodekar

5. mrqs

mrqs Well-Known Member

this - i haven't noticed any volume problems with jb2 using in-ear koss plugs that isolate the outside noise very well (way better than the ones that came with the phone)