Samsung i7500 Trade-in?General

Last Updated:

1. Martay

Martay New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys,

I've been browsing these forums for a while and I'm in need of some advice. I own a Samsung i7500 on an 18 month contract (9 months remaining) with o2. Needless to say I'm disappointed with Samsung's lack of support for the phone and I'm determined to be rid of it one way or another. I'm aware that drakaz has done some great work but I don't really want to root my phone.

I'm basically trying to weigh up what my options are. I figure that I could pay my remaining line rental (costly at

Advertisement
  2. Cougar

Cougar Well-Known Member

"I don't really want to root my phone." - why, out of interest?

If you want to know what options you have with O2, I'd suggest perhaps ringing them and asking them?

There's a Galaxy on eBay with a 'buy it now' price of

3. Martay

Martay New Member This Topic's Starter

4. porga

porga Well-Known Member

You got nothing much to loose since they are dirt cheap these days.

Get FUS downloader, enter data from your phone in it (about phone) and download same firmware your phone has through FUS. That way you can always reflask it back (in literally 5 minutes).

After that, "the world is mine...", I mean, you can tes as much as you like. And installation of JC6 and Galaxo is peace of cake when you follow instructions from this forum, believe me...

I flashed it at least 10 times in past 5 days.

5. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member

There is no real danger rooting or flashing your phone. I7500L users could brick it, but now that we've got the original firmware, you can always go back! Trust me, it's worth upgrading.

I can't really help you with the selling/buying prices though.