• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Infuse 4G - Rogers - Cant Sync Outlook contacts

hi09

Lurker
Jul 21, 2012
Hello folks hoping i can get some help.
I have a Rogers branded Samsung Infuse 4G
Model# SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R
F/W: 2.3.3
BASEBAND VER 1997RUXKG3
BUILD# GINGERBREAD.UXKG3

I use it for my corporate email and contacts via exchange. I had some issues with my microphone and Rogers sent me a new phone. I wiped away the old one, and setup my email on the new one. No issues at all. Email works great but i noticed only my contacts from facebook ang google sync, but exchange contacts wont sync.

i have tried:

1. deleting the account creating a new one
2. factory reset
3. pulling battery out while its on and plugging it back in and recycle
4. deleting all the mobile phone logs on outlook OWA
5. Afaria is isntalled on the phone, but i have tried to do it without afaria as well, i.e. factory reset - do my account stuff sync - but no luck
I notice in accounts and sync, under the outlook account, it is set to Sync Calender and Contacts. When i uncheck calender and recheck it the little sync rotation arrow icon comes and runs for 10 seconds or so and all my calender items are synced.
when i do the same for contacts, the icon only comes for a mili second and goes away but the last sync time gets updated.

Any suggestions or help would be great - thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones