Samsung Infuse - Can't connect USB

Last Updated:

1. gpramos

gpramos New Member

I'm having some problems when trying to connect my Samsung Infuse 4G to my PC.

Everytime I plug the USB to the computer it does not recognize the device. Meanwhile when I look at the cellphone it also does not show that it there is an USB connection, even though it starts charging.

So summarizing: I connect my phone to my PC, it starts charging but both the phone and the computer do not recognize the USB connection, so I can't use it for some functions as Mass Storage.
    In the phone screen it wont even open that three options to chose what kind of USB connection you want.

I already tried changing my USB cable, turning on USB debugging but it also did not work.

Any one has a clue about what might it be? So far I think it could be some problem in the phone's USB plug, although it still works for charging the device.

2. olskool

olskool Well-Known Member

Try a different port. Many times the data port closes if you disconnect without using the safe removal tool but will still charge. If this solves your problem then you can turn the affected port back on through the device manager on the pc side. The drivers from the phone should automatically load.
  3. manixs

manixs New Member

It seems its not recogning it as a system storage anymore.. i tried all the above bt couldnt connect it to pc!! grrr.. i do notsee how to fix this issue.. is it a hardware prblm (*although it does charge it (((most of the times)))
  4. meliketoball

meliketoball New Member

5. jdv2727

jdv2727 New Member

My wife had the same issue. I fixed it by going into settings-applications-usb settiings. Then I changed it from Ask on connection to mass storage. Hooked it up to my computer. It recognized mass storage. Went back in to the usb settings and changed it back to ask on connection.