• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Intercept won't easytether long

nuthousecop

Lurker
Oct 23, 2010
I have a sprint Samsung Intercept. Installed Easytether lite with correct drivers. The problem is the tethered internet connection will only stay connected for a short period of time (just long enough to load home page and maybe one other). I have disabled all task killers/managers but still have the same problem.
I'm running windows 7 on the laptop.

any ideas?

I have a Samsung Intercept and I also use Easy Tether Lite. I just bought a new PC with Windows 7 64 bit and I couldn't connect with my phone. I did install the Samsung driver from the Mobile-Stream (Easy Tether website) but nothing would work. I tried changing settings on the phone, etc. I ended up buying a new cable at Best Buy for $20. It is a little thicker than the one that came with the phone. I got a Blackberry USB Data Cable with MicroUSB connector. That is all it took. Windows 7 recognized it immediately and we haven't had any problems. It's only been one week though.:)

Upvote 0
Hi:

I was able to get my Samsung Intercept to tether to my XP machine, BUT, the speeds were very slow--about 0.05M down, 0.1M down. My meter shows intermittent bursts of around 0.2M interspersed by long silences, which suggests that perhaps Samsung has done something internally to the device to limit this feature.

Mobile-stream has been useless: they've asked me to retest with speedtest.net (which is what I've used), then ignored my subsequent emails.

I would recommend staying away from Easytether if you have an Intercept until this gets fixed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones