• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung is no longer exchanging for new Note 7's

Yep got it too. Did all of you with Verizon finally get your $25 for the inconvenience?

Nope have not heard any more about it. To be honest i'm not even going to worry about it, if it comes Great.. if not well no biggie. I just want to get this switch over to the New N7 done. I have not had a single issue with mine so have held off on making the switch till I can do a even exchange.

Reactions: Chris1974
Upvote 0
I asked for the $25 credit on the phone, for T-Mobile, and the rep (after getting the okay from his manager) very quickly gave me the credit without hesitation. T-mobile has actually been great with the entire process. I didn't even have to return the original box and accessories, just the phone. They also confirmed that even though I opted not to get a "loaner" phone, they'll be contacting me as soon as they receive inventory for the replacement Note 7's. In the meantime, my turning in the Note 7 was just processed as a refund.

Samsung has been fumbling and stumbling through this entire process, in my opinion. From initial ambiguity, to that video apology released...I don't know how they plan on recovering, but my feeling is that for every single person that purchased the Note 7 prior to the 9/15 recall deadline announced yesterday, they should give customers a replacement and cover all costs (including total cost of the phone). Since it was shown that even the Chinese batteries were potentially faulty, Samsung basically played Russian roulette with the hundreds of thousands of units that were sold and millions shipped. Simple apology and not having to return the "free" gift isn't enough to really make me feel like they've gone above and beyond to correct the situation (even though they'll be facing an uphill battle of debunking the "new" reputation).

Upvote 0
Anyone experienced something like this?
PhotoGrid_1474181356882.jpg

Upvote 0
This is probably Apple fan boys making things up because the they are already bored with the iPhone 7!

http://www.samsung.com/uk/home/ still indicates 19th Sept.

Excuse me, but my English is very poor. The iphone is my wife's company phone. I'm absolutely a Samsung fan, I have many devices from them. I just purchased a new Note7, before I had the Note3. I was very pleased with my phone and used it for 7000km sport tracking (bicycle, hiking). It was accurate enough. But this new Note7 (I dont like this exploding hysteria..) has a very big problem with the gps module, but nobody talking about this. I try to find somebody, who is using starva or endomondo apps, to compare some results and to discuss if only mine is defective or all of them? This elevation thing is very important for me. I made a video as well, you should check it out, only the first minute! If you know a better thread for this, please let me know! Thank you!

Reactions: kokiangel
Upvote 0
Oh BOY, things are about to hit the fan!

http://bgr.com/2016/09/19/galaxy-note-7-exchange-program-samsung-com/

The upshot of this article is that if you're in the US and bought a Note 7 directly from Samsung.com, there is NO exchange program and you're just screwed! :thinking:

If this article is true and turns out to be Samsung policy, I have no idea how the mobile division of the company will survive this. Really.

Reactions: major2112
Upvote 0
Excuse me, but my English is very poor. The iphone is my wife's company phone. I'm absolutely a Samsung fan, I have many devices from them. I just purchased a new Note7, before I had the Note3. I was very pleased with my phone and used it for 7000km sport tracking (bicycle, hiking). It was accurate enough. But this new Note7 (I dont like this exploding hysteria..) has a very big problem with the gps module, but nobody talking about this. I try to find somebody, who is using starva or endomondo apps, to compare some results and to discuss if only mine is defective or all of them? This elevation thing is very important for me. I made a video as well, you should check it out, only the first minute! If you know a better thread for this, please let me know! Thank you!
This was not directed at you, it just happens to appear under your post.:)

Reactions: Attila Orban
Upvote 0
Oh BOY, things are about to hit the fan!

http://bgr.com/2016/09/19/galaxy-note-7-exchange-program-samsung-com/

The upshot of this article is that if you're in the US and bought a Note 7 directly from Samsung.com, there is NO exchange program and you're just screwed! :thinking:

If this article is true and turns out to be Samsung policy, I have no idea how the mobile division of the company will survive this. Really.

This is the situation I am in. I am starting to think that my only recourse is to send them an email requesting that they have 7 business days to issue me a refund or set up a proper exchange, and if they cannot meet my expectations I will begin the process of disputing the payment on my credit card and force Samsung to pay for a chargeback. As long as I can document that I am trying to return the phone, and they are unable (or unwilling) to exchange or refund, my credit card company should be able to get my money back.

Upvote 0
This is the situation I am in. I am starting to think that my only recourse is to send them an email requesting that they have 7 business days to issue me a refund or set up a proper exchange, and if they cannot meet my expectations I will begin the process of disputing the payment on my credit card and force Samsung to pay for a chargeback. As long as I can document that I am trying to return the phone, and they are unable (or unwilling) to exchange or refund, my credit card company should be able to get my money back.

That article flat out says they are working on a solution that UPS and Fedex are causing. No need to flip out before any of us get new ones from our Carriers yet either.

Upvote 0
That article flat out says they are working on a solution that UPS and Fedex are causing. No need to flip out before any of us get new ones from our Carriers yet either.

Oh, don't worry- I'm not the sort to flip out. I'll be patient and give them a bit more time. I am getting a little tired of the story changing each week though. First they say they'll exchange for a safe unit. Then when I call to set up, they say they can't exchange but will send a shipping label so I can return for a refund. (They should have confirmed this with Fedex, UPS first!) Now I'm seeing multiple reports similar to the article linked by The Chief. I just want them to figure it out soon, because I still have a very expensive brick sitting on my desk.
For those who can get replacements from their carriers- that's awesome! Unfortunately for people like me who bought from Samsung, the carriers aren't obligated to do anything. Verizon won't refund/exchange for me because I didn't purchase from them, and for once I don't blame them. It's not their fault. (Good lord, did I just type that?)
I'll give them a bit more time, but if they don't get their shit together soon, I'll start taking steps to get some results.

Reactions: toptobottom
Upvote 0
I was told by tmoblie that all returns have to be done at a store.
Returns, maybe yes, but it clearly states in the exchange program that, if you don't want to go into a store to pick up a replacement, you can call the number listed and have the note 7 shipped to you. Gonna have them ship me one, as long as it can be sent overnight.

Upvote 0
Everyone except those of us who purchased at Sam's Club! :mad:

Or from samsung directly. I got this email last night:

As part of this program, we are now able to send Samsung.com customers like you a new replacement Galaxy Note7. Before we can deliver your new Galaxy Note7, we must first confirm your information and exchange preferences.

Please visit our dedicated page on samsung.com to input the order number listed below and your email address to choose your exchange preferences.

So I guess they're finally ready to do online exchanges. I'm hopeful, but not holding my breath.

Reactions: dude81869
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones