1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Samsung just added a spare battery to their list of accessoriesTips

1. Joe_PDA

Joe_PDA Well-Known Member

Samsung finally added a spare battery to their list of accessories. However at a cost of $39.99, it's a bit steep. It does have the NFC chip built in to it, but I could do without for a spare battery, if they'd make this about $20. Come on Samsung.

Standard Battery (1800mA)

Advertisement
  2. Joe_PDA

BACKORDERED!!!.....WTF Samsung??? :mad:

NOW AVAILABLE...BUT STILL $39.99
    Should I buy it or wait for Anker or others to make a
    more favorably priced replacement?
  3. mikeybot

mikeybot Member

I'm not sure how long it is good for, but when I registered my phone on Samsung's site, they sent me a 50% off accessories code. That could help.
    Also, is it just the battery or is there a charger included as well?
  4. Joe_PDA

ERRRRR!! I registered my phone but didn't register the IMEI and already
    ordered battery. I did find a 20% off coupon, but 50% would have obviously been better.
  5. Joe_PDA

I just received my spare battery, from Samsung, today. No surprises, its 3.8v 1800mah and has nfc.

Now I just need to find an external charger to keep this spare charged.
    Anyone have any leads on this?
  6. Joe_PDA

Yesterday I picked up a Digipower Universal Charger model # TC-U400 that seems to do the job of portable charger. You have to make sure the battery is seated so it reaches the contacts and allows the battery to charge. You'll know its right if the 4 green lights flash in sequence until the battery is fully charged. Then they will all be solidly lit indicating full charge.

Its about $27 on Amazon
  7. Joe_PDA

Amazon has a replacement battery by a company called EZOpower.
    Its only $7.00. At that price, it surely doesn't have an NFC chip, but who cares?

Anyone have any experience with them or this battery?
    Other batteries they sell seem to have fairly high feedback.
  8. RazoE

RazoE Well-Known Member

You might have to be the guinea pig and try it out and report back.
  9. Joe_PDA

It seems that you and I are among the few living souls on this forum. There is so much to like about this device. Aren't there more people packing Relays?
  10. RazoE

RazoE Well-Known Member

There probably are others, but with such little support in xda, many shy away. I think it's a great phone with so much untapped potential, but just like with my MyTouch 4g Slide, there was another phone with slightly better specs that was essentially the same in other ways, but it got all the love.
  11. mikeybot

mikeybot Member

I still poke my head in here, but the thread in the G2 General Discussion (yeah, still no forum for the Relay) on xda is far more active and for my purposes more informative.
    There's a version of CM9 that people say is functional as a daily use rom and some other things going on.
    It's getting dev support, but it's pretty much one person, so it's a little slow going unfortunately
  12. mikeybot

mikeybot Member

13. Joe_PDA

How do you like these batteries? Is it difficult to get the charging leads to line up with the + & - on the battery?
  14. mikeybot

mikeybot Member

Fine so far. Havent fully run them down so not sure about the life because I got in the habit of always plugging in.
    Lining up the pos and neg isnt a problem at all
  15. mikeybot

mikeybot Member

Update. The batteries are goo, but can take a bit to charge comparatively and the charger itself stopped working properly.
    Still $20 for 2 batteries isn't bad