Samsung Keyboard ProblemsSupport

1. dlee1001

dlee1001 Well-Known Member

I love my Samsung Infuse 4G phone. But one of the things that I find to be a little annoying is the Samsung keyboard. When I tap a text field and start typing with a capital letter, the auto-correct or whatever it is doubles the first letter of the word I was typing. OK, you might not know what I'm talking about, so I'll provide an example.

When I go on the full desktop site of Facebook on this phone and use the search box found on the top of the page, the Samsung keyboard slides up without the shift key being activated (despite my settings for the keyboard has it for auto-capitalization). When I manually activate the capitalization and type in "Android" (without the quotes), guess what happens. The text box says "AAndroid.' No, the double A's are not a typo. That's what it really says.

If capitalization is left disabled and I type in that same term, it'd say "aandroid."

What's going on here? I've tinkered with every possible setting that the Samsung keyboard has to offer, but it didn't fix the problem. I prefer this keyboard over the Android keyboard, since the Android keyboard doesn't support the input language of my native language. I'd like to use one keyboard with the features I want without switching between both.

Any help regarding the cause and solution of this problem is welcome. Thank you.

Advertisement
    :