Samsung keypad soundSupport

1. regression

regression Well-Known Member

Is there a way to turn off the sounds when typing with the "Samsung keypad" input method? I found a way to turn off the sound when using Swype and the Android keyboard, but not the Samsung keyboard (or keypad as it is referred to on my phone).

Thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. gmcgirt

gmcgirt Active Member

you should be able to silence system sounds. . .which i believe is what that is considered. however, if you want to hear a different sound (say when you click on an icon) it will silence that as well. . .
  3. regression

regression Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was hoping for a way to silence the keyboard sound only but leave the other system sounds on. Doesn't look like you can do that....

If memory servers (which is a stretch in my case!) before the 2.2 update there were two keyboards, Swype and Android. Now I see a third, the Samsung keyboard. I do like the Samsung keyboard, but the sound is driving me crazy. I guess I will go back to Swype.....

Thanks for the reply.
  4. gmcgirt

gmcgirt Active Member

the deeper i dig into this phone the sloppier the programming becomes. There's no excuse in a phone designed to be "open source" to be so limited. I guess I've learned my lesson.
  5. lxy33

lxy33 Well-Known Member

I tried everything to take that sound off! No success!
  6. jrdatrackstar

jrdatrackstar Active Member

The way to do this (will disable the touch tone soinds on the phone dialer,however) is to deselect the option under sounds where it says audible touch tones. When deselecting this, the keyboard will no longer have a sound.
    Kefrenne and regression like this.