• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

samsung kies 3.0 installer has stopped working

Toastie

Lurker
Feb 2, 2014
I keep getting this error when trying to install Kies #
I can install the older version, but it will not work with my phone (Samsung Galaxy S4)
I have tried running it in compatibility mode, administrator, as well as updating my OS
I am using Vista 64 SP 2

I look around and there was nothing on problems with installing or even really any support area

I tinkered around with it, and I can get it to unpack itself, but when I try to run the msi or setup it keeps giving problems
When I try to run the MSI package it says it needs to be run from the setup
when I try to run a setup it creates a blank folder then says it can not find the msi file

Upvote 0
I have just had exactly the same problem. Although I dont know why I have found a work around. I had a second profile on the Window 7 (64bit) PC that I was installing on. I switched to the other user and it installed no problem. As Kies installs for all users when you switch back there it is.

There must be something running in my profile Kies doesn't like if anyone finds out what this might be please let us know.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones